Arizona October 06, 2017
12 Ways Arizona Has Quietly Become The Coolest State In America
I have been writing about Arizona daily for more than two years and, more than 800 articles later, my home state never fails to amaze me. I think this is the coolest place to be and perhaps you do too! If you’re new to Arizona, here’s a few reasons why the Grand Canyon State is simply amazing:
1. The scenery here is spectacular.
Chances are, if you type Arizona into a search engine, one of the first images you’ll see is a breathtaking landscape. There’s plenty more!
2. And it’s not limited to desert landscapes.
When most people hear Arizona’s name uttered, the first image that comes to mind is often a desert but there’s so much more to our state! You can find lush forests, wetlands, and even an alpine tundra here.
3. While we’re talking about scenery, some of the world’s most iconic landscapes are sitting right in our backyard.
Have you ever heard of the Grand Canyon or Monument Valley? That’s just the start of a long list of breathtakingly beautiful places found here.
4. Enjoy a day out on the trail.
We have hundreds of miles of hiking trails that everyone can enjoy, from super short hikes to the 800-mile trek on the Arizona Trail. Plus, since our state’s environments are so diverse, the weather is always accommodating to outdoor activities.
5. Arizona has some amazingly delicious foods.
In the mood for traditional, Sonoran Mexican food? We have plenty of options. Or maybe you’re craving something a little more unique or reminiscent of your home state? We have you covered!
6. Step into history when you visit an old Western saloon, a historic homestead, or even a one-room schoolhouse.
You can find any of these in big cities or even the smallest of small towns.
7. Some of those places are even haunted with troubled ghosts.
Book a stay at a haunted hotel or check out a ghost tour of your favorite Arizona city!
8. Our sunsets are second to none!
They are simply the best.
9. Arizona is also home to some of the darkest skies in the country, so enjoy watching the stars.
Drive for awhile outside any Arizona city and you’re bound to find deep, dark skies with glittering stars. We also have a growing number of certified International Dark Sky places that feature the darkest night skies you will ever see.
10. Our storms show off the drama of Mother Nature.
11. Our highways are perfect for a long, relaxing drive.
Since Arizona is so large and our cities and towns sprawl across the state, you’ll find our roads are the perfect location
for scenic rides
12. Our small towns are unique, quirky, and charming.
There’s no one identity of Arizona small towns, so you’re bound to come across some cool little places when traveling through the state.
Want to take a peek at some of the places that make Arizona the coolest state in the nation? Read
13 Things To Do In Arizona When You Thought You’ve Done Everything for places that show off just how amazing our state is.