Attractions June 16, 2018
Visit These 10 Weird Museums In Alaska For A Fascinating Trip
Most of Alaska’s attractions are outdoors, basking in the glory of the natural beauty that the great land is famous for. But some days are not as sunny and beautiful as you might like and everyone heads indoors. Well, luckily enough, there are these weird and wacky museums for whiling away the rainy days in Alaska. These places are so fascinating that you will not believe your eyes. From hammers to airplanes to ice sculptures, visit these weird museums for bizarre, fun and memorable experiences.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. The Hammer Museum
Exactly what you'd expect and much more! This museum has historical hammers from many different time periods and cultures, and teaches all about the origins and evolution of tools. There are hammers of every size from tiny to 20 feet tall. This place will truly astound you and is, by all accounts, a surprisingly delightful way to spend an afternoon.
This Wacky Museum In Alaska Is Truly One-Of-A-Kind
2. Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum,
212 Wedgewood Drive,
Fairbanks, AK 99701
3. Alaska Museum of Science and Nature, 201 N Bragaw Street,
Anchorage, AK 99508
4. The Fraternal Order of the Alaska State Troopers (FOAST) Law Enforcement Museum,
245 West 5th Avenue, Suite 113, Anchorage, AK 99501
Right in downtown Anchorage, this museum is run by a non-profit and houses the state's only collection of historical law enforcement memorabilia.
5. Museum of Alaska Transportation & Industry, 3800 West Museum Drive, Wasilla, AK 99654
Including railroad cars, antique automobiles, and gold mining equipment, this museum documents the history of Alaska and the machines that made development possible.
6. Aurora Ice Museum, 56.5 Chena Hot Springs Road, Chena Hot Springs Resort, Fairbanks, AK 99711
7. Pratt Museum, 3779 Bartlett Street, Homer, AK 99603-7579
8. Raptor Center and Natural History Museum, 113 Haines Highway, Haines, AK 99827
Learn about all the wildlife that frequents the forests, waters and skies of southeast Alaska.
9. Skagway Museum and Archives, Seventh Avenue and Spring Street, Skagway, AK 99840
A warehouse of information of the culture and folklore of the area including the distant past, the Gold Rush era, and the progress up to today.
10. The Valdez Museum and Historical Archive, 217 Egan Drive, Valdez, AK 99686
With tons of history of the area including fishing, skiing, and pioneer life. There is a lot to do to keep the kids occupied and much to see at this spot, decidedly one of the weird museums in Alaska.
How many of these have you been to? Tell us about it in the comments below.
Address: 113 Haines Highway, Haines, AK 99827 Address: 217 Egan Drive, Valdez, AK 99686 Address: 245 West 5th Avenue, Suite 113, Anchorage, AK 99501 Address: 3779 Bartlett Street, Homer, AK 99603 Address: 5 Chena Hot Springs Road, Chena Hot Springs Resort, Fairbanks, AK 99711 Address: 3800 West Museum Drive, Wasilla, AK 99654