Alaska October 24, 2016
20 Reasons To Drop Everything And Move To This One Place In Alaska
When you move to a place dubbed “Alaska’s Playground,” it’s pretty much a given that you’re in for a seriously awesome ride. The many communities that make up the 25,600 square miles of the Kenai Peninsula all have a few common denominators; incredible natural beauty, endless outdoor activities and some of the most genuine, kind-hearted people that you’ll ever meet in your lifetime. Couple those factors with a mild coastal climate and you’re in for the most picture-perfect Alaskan lifestyle. Warning: once you visit, you’ll never want to leave.
1. Two words: Kenai River.
2. Three words: year round fisheries.
3. Only on the Kenai Peninsula can request the entire month of July off for ‘red season’ and actually have a shot at getting it approved by your boss.
4. You can live off the land, and live in civilization.
Talk about the best of both worlds!
5. Since being a smarty pants automatically makes you a part of the cool kids club, you’ll love to learn that the Kenai Peninsula has top notch schools.
6. Plus your kiddos will love being able to ride a four-wheeler or snow-machine to school (once they’re old enough).
Or maybe... just after school, you know - once their homework is done.
7. Hiking, biking, running, cross country skiing, ATV’ing… the trail system is literally never ending.
8. Real estate on the Kenai Peninsula offers so much more than what you’ll find in the city; huge lots, privacy, panoramic views… the list goes on and on.
9. You won’t have to go far for vacation because you already live on ‘Alaska’s Playground'.
10. Secluded sandy beaches are only minutes away from home.
11. You only have to deal with traffic during "tourist season" - which means the other 9 months are free and clear of the stop-and-go nonsense that you’ll find on a daily basis in the city.
12. The Kenai Peninsula has incredible local breweries.
13. And the sweetest bakeries under the sun.
14. Not to mention the restaurants are bomb-dot-com.
Which is code for: totally and completely freaking delicious, mouthwatering, epic, mind blowing and sinfully scrumptious. Maybe we're a little obsessed!
15. Plus the food festivals on the Kenai Peninsula are pretty much the most legit thing since sliced bread.
If you've never been to the Taste of the Kenai, you're seriously missing out.
16. Family fun, no matter what time of year it is.
Movie in the park in the middle of winter? Only Alaska kiddos are brave enough to weather the storm for a good flick!
17. We have some pretty awesome local athletes and a community that loves them all dearly!
Kenai River Brown Bears, unite!
18. Incredible parks and places to soak in breathtaking views of nature and wildlife.
19. Our shopping scene is way groovier than anywhere else in the last frontier.
Check out the shops on the Homer Spit or the Seward Harbor and you'll be hooked!
20. Scenic pullouts are taken to a whole new level on the Kenai Peninsula.
Because life is about enjoying the journey, not just the destination!
With 25,600 square miles to explore, you'll never run out of incredible things to do and experience on The Kenai, Alaska's Playground!
So much beauty, so little time! Once you move here, the beauty will capture your heart and you'll never want to live anywhere else.
If you need more reasons, check out
this charming town in Alaska that is perfect for a day trip. If you love Homer, you’ll also love the tiny town in Alaska with the most mouthwatering restaurant. While you’re at it, check out this tiny shop in Alaska that serves apple fritters that are to die for. You also don’t want to miss the incredible views, great service and mouthwatering food at this tiny train car in Alaska that is actually a restaurant. All of these great places can be found on The Kenai, Alaska’s Playground!