It’s the most wonderful time of the year in Alaska and these festive holiday activities will catapult you straight into the Christmas spirit. Gather your special someone, a group of a great friends and your closest family members and get ready to check off every single one of these enchanted bucket list items. Tis’ the season to be jolly – fa la la la la, la la la la!
1. Pile into the car and drive around town looking at all the street and neighborhood Christmas light displays.
So many pretty lights, so little time!
2. Take a romantic or family filled ride in a one horse open sleigh.
Look up Alaska Horse Adventures LLC at 18810 East Walling Road, Palmer, AK 99645 and take your special someone or the whole family on a magical sleigh ride through Alaska's snowy winter wonderland.
3. Stock up on eggnog and enjoy a warm night by the fire telling cherished family stories.
Sometimes it's the simplest things that mean the most.
4. Go see the annual Zoo Lights in Anchorage.
Located at 4731 O'Malley Road, Anchorage, AK 99507, you'll love checking out all the pretty Christmas Lights while sipping on hot chocolate and visiting with all the adorable zoo animals.
5. Gather together with all your neighbors and friends in the community for the annual Christmas tree lighting.
Or enjoy the local community parade when it dances through town.
6. Take a ride on the annual Alaska Railroad Holiday Train.
This years' train rides have already finished up, but be sure to put this excellent experience on your bucket list for next year and start the most enchanting new tradition. The Alaska Railroad's address is 411 West 1st Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501.
7. Bring the kiddos to the local mall, car dealership or community center to read off their Christmas List on Santa’s lap.
Build memories that ask a lifetime!
8. Walk around and enjoy the magic of the holiday season at Pioneer Park in Fairbanks.
Located at 2300 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK 99701, the stunning displays of sparkling Christmas Lights will mesmerize you from start to finish.
9. Make (and eat) tons of candy, cookies and delicious yummies.
Because diets don't count during the holiday season. Bring on the sugar!
10. Head to Town Square Park in downtown Anchorage for a magical display of Christmas Lights.
Bundle up and grab a cup of hot coffee and spend the day or evening checking out all the pretty lights. This neat display is located at 544 West 5th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501.
11. Catch a holiday play or movie at a theater or performing arts center in your hometown.
Visit the Alaska Performing Arts Center at 621 West 6th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501 to enjoy a Christmas play or visit a local theater in your hometown.
12. Visit the world’s largest chocolate fountain at Alaska Wild Berry in Anchorage.
Toys, treats and so much more! This great place is located at 5225 Juneau St, Anchorage, AK 99518.
13. Go to the Santa Claus House in the North Pole and immerse yourself in the magic of the holidays.
This magical place is located at 101 St. Nicholas Drive, North Pole, AK 99705.
14. Make sure to visit Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus, all the elves and the reindeer out back while you’re at it.
Because... this is Alaska and this experience is magical!
15. Then, head next door and check out all the amazing sculptures at the Christmas In Ice event.
Be prepared to have your mind blown, this place is so incredible!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.