Alaska December 31, 2017
11 Fun Events In Alaska To Ring In New Year 2018
Head out tonight to ring in the new year with a pop of color in the dark winter night. Fourth of July is in high fire season in Alaska and in the arctic regions, the midnight sun doesn’t share the sky with fireworks very well. But in winter, the snow covered ground will catch extra sparks and the sun sets in the afternoon, so even early family events can have fireworks in the evening. Head to these firework shows to ring in new year 2018 with sparkle and color.
1. KTVA New Year's Eve Celebration, Town Square, Downtown Anchorage, 5-9 PM
There's a dance party, food vendors and 3-D light projections all across Town Square. The family-friendly event culminates with a fireworks show at 8 PM.
2. Alyeska Torchlight Parade, Alyeska Resort, Girdwood, 9 PM
A procession of volunteer skiiers and snowboarders swarm down the slopes with torches, making a beautiful spectacle on the dark hill. The show culminates in an elaborate fireworks display at 9:30 PM.
3. Skinny Raven 5K New Year's Resolution Fun Run, Atwood Center - Alaska Pacific University, Anchorage, 5-6 PM
This is a 5K fun run through the woods and trails on the APU Campus. The trails are lit with fun lights and there is a party at the Atwood Center before and after.
4. UAF Sparktacular, University of Alaska Fairbanks Campus, Fairbanks, 7-9 PM
Fairbanks Curling Lions annual Sparktacular Celebration is a fabulous fireworks displays that fills the night sky with hours of amazing pyrotechnics. Park anywhere visible around the UAF Campus.
5. Cruise Ship Fireworks Shows, The Wharf, Juneau, Night time.
Fireworks are permitted in Juneau from 10 AM - 11:59 PM on New Year's Eve. Cruise ships docked in Juneau usually have fireworks displays. Head to the wharf and you might just see a show. There is also a huge party at The Hanger on the Wharf with musicians and DJ's.
6. New Year's Eve Fireworks, Christmas in Ice, North Pole, Doors 10-11:45 PM, Show at Midnight
Free admission, 10 PM to 11:45 PM when the doors close. The New Year 2018 will be greeted with a Snowflake drop and a fireworks display by Budget Fireworks. Alcohol-free and family-friendly.
7. On the Beach, Utqiagvik (formerly Barrow), Nighttime.
It is said that New Year's Eve in Utqiagvik is amazing. Head to the beach with the crowd to watch and set off fireworks. Many say the best NYE celebration is in this far north community.
8. New Year's Ever Fireworks Show, Bethel Fire Department, Downtown Bethel, 8 PM
The firefighters put on an excellent display at 8 PM. Make sure to dress warmly.
9. Private Display, Main Street, Talkeetna.
If you happen to be in Talkeetna for New Year's Eve, you can dine at the Roadhouse, dance to live music at the Fairview and there are usually fireworks at midnight in the streets, but no official formal display is organized.
10. Eagle River Lions Club Fireworks, Downtown Eagle River, 6-9 PM, Fireworks at 8 PM
Food trucks, warm fire pits and fireworks make this family-friendly amazing. The event is hosted by the ACF Church, held in Lion's Park.
11. City of Wasilla New Year's Eve Fireworks, Wonderland Park, Wasilla, 8 - 10 PM
Head to Wonderland Park for a New Year's Celebration with fireworks hosted by Wasilla City Council.
Plan for summer (if fireworks are allowed in your area) with
These Fireworks Displays In Alaska Will Drop Your Jaw. You may also like You Won’t Want To Miss These Incredible Fireworks Shows In Alaska This Year.
Have you been to these firework shows? Tell us about it in the comments below!