Alabama December 20, 2017
9 Foolproof Ways To Spot An Imposter In Alabama
Without a doubt, Alabama is a great place to call home! From showing politeness to possessing a special dialect, it’s easy to spot someone from our home state. It’s also easy to spot an imposter, including the nine foolproof ways listed below.
1. They're not very friendly.
Alabamians are well known for showing kindness towards strangers, whether it's with a smile, handshake or wave. Southern hospitality at its finest!
2. They don't have a true Alabamian accent.
Alabamians have a special Southern accent. Those who don't have this special accent are most likely from somewhere else.
3. They use mileage when giving directions instead of time increments.
Here in Alabama, we normally give directions in time increments. For example, we tell someone a certain location is 20 minutes away vs. 10 miles away.
4. They don't know their way around the outdoors, or appreciate its beauty.
Alabamians love exploring the great outdoors. From mountains and canyons, to rivers and lakes, the Yellowhammer State is filled with lots of natural scenic beauty.
5. They can't handle Alabama's high heat and humidity.
Here in Alabama, we may not enjoy high heat and humidity during the summer months, but we've learned to deal with it.
6. They don't know how to tackle basic emergency situations.
Whether it's changing a tire or jumpstarting a car, Alabamians know how to tackle basic emergency situations. And if you give them a roll of duct tape, they can fix just about anything.
7. They prefer unsweet tea over sweet tea.
Here in the South, especially in Alabama, only sweet tea will do. And the sweeter, the better!
8. They refer to all soft drinks as "soda" or "pop."
According to most Alabamians, every soft drink is a "coke." We don't typically use the words "soda" or "pop."
9. They inquire about the best place in town to buy lottery tickets.
Alabama is one of six states that doesn't have a state lottery. If anyone asks where the best place in town to buy a lottery ticket is, they're obviously an imposter.
What are some other foolproof ways to spot an imposter in Alabama? Let us know in the comments!
For 13 reasons why Alabama is the best place to grow old, click