Alabama August 12, 2017
10 Undying Habits That Prove You Can Never Take Alabama Out Of The Alabamian
There’s no denying that you can take the Alabamian out of Alabama, but not the Alabama out of the Alabamian. Listed below are 10 habits that Alabamians can’t seem to shake no matter where they are. How many can you relate to?
1. Always showing kindness towards strangers.
Being from Alabama, it's common to smile, wave or talk to a complete stranger. Southern hospitality at its finest!
2. Believing everything tastes much better deep fried.
From seafood and chicken, to vegetables and fruit, everything tastes better deep fried.
3. Always giving and/or asking for directions in terms of time instead of miles.
Most Alabamians care more about the time it takes to get somewhere instead of the driving route's length.
4. Handling extreme heat and humidity very well.
Because Alabama's weather is so unpredictable, you've learned to be prepared for anything.
5. Only drinking tea if it's sweet and ice cold.
After all, is there any other way to drink tea?
6. Always overreacting to a little snow.
Alabama doesn't receive a lot of snow, so it's not uncommon to overreact whenever you hear snow is on the way.
7. Using strange phrases as part of your vocabulary.
The phrases may sound strange to outsiders, but to Alabamians, they're completely normal.
8. Searching for a funnel cloud instead of seeking shelter during a tornado warning.
This isn't the smartest habit to have during a tornado warning, but we're all guilty of doing this at least once.
9. Referring to all soft drinks as "coke."
After all, "coke" pretty much covers each and every soft drink here in the South.
10. Always loving and appreciating where you come from.
No matter where you are, Alabama will always be home.
What are some other undying habits Alabamians have? Let us know in the comments!