9 Undeniable Habits That No Alabamian Can Ever Unlearn
There are plenty of habits that Alabamians are guilty of doing on a regular basis, and no matter how hard we try, we’ll never be able to shake them. Listed below are nine undeniable habits that most Alabamians can never unlearn. How many of them can you relate to?
1. Referring to every soft drink as a "coke."
Not a "soda" or "pop," but simply a "coke."
2. Using silly phrases on a regular basis.
"Bless your heart," "Hey y'all" and "I'm fixin' to" are just a few examples of these silly phrases.
3. Measuring distance by time instead of mileage.
After all, it makes much more sense to let someone know the amount of time it'll take them to reach their destination than the number of miles.
4. Scheduling important events around college football.
College football is taken very seriously in the South, especially here in Alabama. Because of this, it's not surprising that Alabamians schedule important events, including weddings and reunions, around football season.
5. Believing everything tastes much better deep fried.
Everyone knows this to be true.
6. Always complaining about going to Walmart.
Who doesn't do this? Pretty much everyone complains about their shopping experience at Walmart.
7. Showing kindness towards everyone we cross paths with.
Whether it's a simple wave or a friendly conversation, Alabamians are well known for their kindness towards others.
8. Raiding the grocery store shelves for milk and bread whenever snow is in the forecast.
It never fails. Whenever snow is in the forecast, everyone races to the grocery store to get milk and bread.
9. Always making fun of Alabama even though there's no other place you'd rather be.
Alabama will always be home sweet home!
What other undeniable habits belong on this list? Let us know in the comments!
For a list of 11 ways living in Alabama ruins you for life, click
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.