Alabama February 28, 2017
10 Things Alabamians Do That Seem Insane To Everyone Else
Alabamians have their own way of doing things. And even though these things might seem insane to outsiders, they’re perfectly normal to us here in the “Heart of Dixie.” Listed below are 10 things Alabamians do that seem insane to everyone else. Which of these things do you agree with?
1. We worship college football 24/7.
Here in Alabama, college football is more than just a sport. It's a way of life.
2. When we aren't hunting, we still find a way to show our love for camo.
Most every Alabamian has some type of camo in their wardrobe, whether it be a shirt, jacket, hat, etc.
3. We drive large, over-the-top trucks even when we don't necessarily need them.
Many people own large trucks to haul things, but not here in Alabama. Here, it's all about how high the truck can be lifted and how many accessories are on it.
4. We wear flip flops year-round.
Even during the cold winter months.
5. We'll deep fry just about anything.
Everyone knows this is true!
6. We also host an annual festival that celebrates our love for fried foods.
This annual festival is the Athens Grease Festival, and attendees are encouraged to wear a toga.
7. We must monogram everything.
From shirts and mugs, to stationary and towels, Alabamians love anything with their initials. It's a Southern thing!
8. We use the heat and AC in the same day.
You gotta do what you gotta do! After all, we all know how unpredictable Alabama's weather is.
9. We refer to every soft drink as "coke."
People from other states refer to a soft drink as "soda" or "pop."
10. We will stop and chat with just about anyone.
Alabamians are some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet.
What other things can be added to this list? For a list of more weird things Alabamians do, click