Here in Alabama, summer is right around the corner. Do you have any special plans for making it the best summer ever? If not, how about making a bucket list of unforgettable things to do? And, if you’re flustered on how to get started, maybe we can help. Listed below are 15 unforgettable things to add to your summer bucket list. By adding these unforgettable things, you’ll be well on your way to having the best summer ever!
1. Take a dip in your favorite swimming hole.
Pictured: The Hippie Hole / Location: Little River Canyon - Fort Payne, AL
2. Attend the Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic.
The Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic features 60 balloons from around the United States and it's a free event to the public. Location: Point Mallard Park, 2901 Point Mallard Drive, Decatur, AL 35602 / Date: May 28-29, 2016
3. Hike to DeSoto Falls.
With a more than 100ft plunge, DeSoto Falls, located in Mentone, is one of the tallest waterfalls in Alabama. It's also one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the South.
4. Challenge yourself at Red Mountain Park by trying out their Adventure Area.
Red Mountain Park's Adventure Area has four courses: Red Ore Zip Tour, Beanstalk Forest, Adventure Tower and Mega Zip. Location: 2011 Frankfurt Dr, Birmingham, AL 35211
5. Explore Cathedral Caverns.
Cathedral Caverns was originally known as "Bat Cave." Its main attraction is Goliath, one of the world's largest stalagmites (measuring 45 ft. tall and 243 ft. in circumference). Location: 637 Cave Rd, Woodville, AL 35776
6. Walk the grounds of the beautiful Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
With more than 12,000 different plants in its living collections, Birmingham Botanical Gardens is Alabama's largest living museum. It's also the most visited free attraction in Alabama. Location: 2612 Lane Park Rd, Birmingham, AL 35223
7. Play a round of golf on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.
Alabama's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail is the largest golf course construction project ever attempted.
8. Visit Point Mallard Park.
Point Mallard Park is home to America's first wave pool. Location: 2901 Point Mallard Dr SE, Decatur, AL 35602
9. Cool off with some delicious homemade peach ice cream from Peach Park.
Location: 2300 7th St S, Clanton, AL 35046
10. Book a room at one of Alabama's cozy bed and breakfasts.
Pictured: The Kate Shepard House Bed and Breakfast / Location: 1552 Monterey Pl,
Mobile, AL 36604
11. Visit Harmony Park Safari.
At Harmony Park Safari, you can actually drive through a nature preserve while exotic and endangered animals peek their heads in your car window. Location: 431 Clouds Cove Rd SE, Huntsville, AL 35803
12. Go boating on the Tennessee River.
In addition to boating, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, jet skiing, water skiing and swimming are also popular recreational activities enjoyed by many on the Tennessee River.
13. Tour one of Alabama's beautiful vineyards.
Pictured: Perdido Vineyards / Location: 22100 Co Rd 47, Perdido, AL 36562
14. Visit Summerdale's Alligator Alley.
Alligator Alley is an alligator farm featuring more than 450 rescued alligators. At this unique attraction, you'll have the opportunity to feed and hold an alligator. Location: 19500 Co Rd 71, Summerdale, AL 36580
15. Visit Alabama's beautiful Gulf Coast.
Alabama's Gulf Coast beaches are some of the finest in the world. Pictured: Gulf Shores, AL