Alabama March 15, 2016
13 Reasons To Drop Everything And Move To This One Alabama City
Livability ranked Huntsville (The Rocket City) as the most affordable U.S. city to live in. This special ranking was created by using the following criteria: median household income, consumer spending, income equality, entertainment options and economic conditions. There’s no better time to move to Huntsville than right now, and here are 13 reasons why:
1. Huntsville is home to the one and only U.S. Space & Rocket Center.
The U.S. Space & Rocket Center is sometimes billed as "Earth's Largest Space Museum." It's also home to Space Camp.
2. The Rocket City has a low cost of living and...
3. ... a short commute.
The average commute time in Huntsville is less than 20 minutes.
4. Huntsville is filled with great job opportunities and has an unemployment rate below the national average.
The national unemployment average is 6.3%, whereas Huntsville's unemployment average is 5.5%.
5. The city of Huntsville has AMAZING local breweries and...
6. ... hosts the BEST beer festival around!
Pictured: Rocket City Brewfest
7. One of Alabama's BEST shopping destinations is in Huntsville.
Pictured: Bridge Street Town Centre
8. It seems as though fresh local food is on every corner.
Farmers markets are very popular in Huntsville.
9. Beautiful city parks and...
Pictured: Big Spring Park
...state parks are only a short walk or drive for those living in Huntsville.
Pictured: Monte Sano State Park
10. Huntsville's Harmony Park Safari is one of Alabama's most unique animal attractions.
Where else in Alabama can you drive through a nature preserve while exotic and endangered animals peek their heads in your car window?
11. The beauty of Huntsville Botanical Garden is reason enough to pack up and move to Huntsville.
Huntsville Botanical Garden truly is a beautiful place!
12. Huntsville is home to many different types of restaurants. Some are casual, while others are...
Pictured: Chicken with Dressing and Sides at Blue Plate Cafe
...considered fine dining.
Pictured: Grilled New Zealand Venison at Cotton Row Restaurant
13. Huntsville knows how to celebrate Christmas.
Pictured: Galaxy of Lights at Huntsville Botanical Garden - a holiday light extravaganza featuring animated light displays.
What do you think? Can you see yourself packing up and moving to Huntsville?