These 15 Rare Photos Show Alabama’s Agricultural History Like Never Before
Along with forestry, agriculture is Alabama’s top industry. Approximately 82% of the state’s annual agricultural production comes from livestock production, while the remaining 18% comes from crops. Agriculture will always be a huge part of Alabama’s economy.
From the early to mid-1900s, agriculture in Alabama was very different from what it is today. Posted below are 15 rare photos that reflect just how different.
We’re aware that these uncertain times are limiting many aspects of life. While we continue to feature destinations that make our state wonderful, please take proper precautions or add them to your bucket list to see at a later date. If you know of a local business that could use some extra support during these times, please nominate them here: onlyinyourstate.com/nominate
After seeing these rare photos, there’s no denying that Alabama’s agriculture industry has come a really long way over the years. For more rare photos of Alabama, check out these Alabama schools from the early 1900s. They’re so different.
Alabama In Your Inbox
Thank you! You'll receive your first newsletter soon!