Alabama November 25, 2017
10 Pieces Of Advice You Would Give Someone Visiting Alabama For The Very First Time
Alabama isn’t just a great place to live. It’s also a great place to visit. It’s no secret that whenever someone visits a place for the first time, it can be quite daunting. Listed below are 10 pieces of advice we’ll likely give you if you’re visiting Alabama for the very first time.
1. When it comes to weather, expect the unexpected.
There's no denying that Alabama's weather is unpredictable. It's best to always have a jacket and umbrella on hand for unexpected weather.
2. Become familiar with Alabama's backroads.
There are many backroads located throughout Alabama that provide shortcuts to a variety of places. If you learn the backroads, you'll be able to navigate the state much easier.
3. And while driving these backroads, always be on alert for deer.
You'll likely see a few.
4. Prior to your visit, become familiar with Alabama's own special dialect.
We Alabamians are well known for our Southern accents, and it won't take long before you catch on.
5. Get ready to pack on a pound or two.
Considering Alabama's food is some of the best you'll ever eat, the extra pound or two is so worth it!
6. Always measure distance in time.
Here in Alabama, instead of stating the amount of miles it takes to get somewhere, we use time. For example, we say something like this: "Travel up the road for five minutes and take a right."
7. Take a road trip to try all of Alabama's best BBQ joints.
Because Alabama serves up the most delicious barbecue, it'll be hard to choose a favorite.
8. Be prepared to encounter a variety of strange roadside attractions as you make your way through Alabama.
Some are so strange they'll have you doing a double take.
9. Always have sunscreen and mosquito repellent on hand.
You might not need it now, but you will eventually.
10. And finally, whether you're in Alabama for a visit or to stay permanently, take time to relax and unwind on our beautiful Gulf Coast beaches.
After all, you deserve it!
What other pieces of advice would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments!
For a list of 11 ways living in Alabama ruins you for life, click