Alabama July 27, 2017
10 Things Longtime Alabamians Wish They Could Tell Newcomers
Unless you live in Alabama, there are some things you just won’t understand—no matter how hard you try. If you’re thinking about moving to Alabama, or you’ve recently moved here, be sure to familiarize yourself with the 10 things listed below. It’ll definitely make the moving transition easier.
1. Get ready to experience the most delicious food ever!
Alabama is well known for its variety of food. From homestyle food to seafood, and ethnic food to soul food, there's something served here for everyone.
2. Always pay close attention while driving Alabama's backroads because you might encounter one of these or....
Some deer have even been known to dart across Alabama's major highways.
3. ...one of these.
Many quirky roadside attractions are found along Alabama's backroads, including this chicken made from car bumpers.
4. The rumor is true. Alabama's heat and humidity during the summer is downright miserable!
You'll most certainly be counting down the days until fall.
5. Alabama is anything but boring.
From fairs and festivals, to concerts and plays, there's always something going on in Alabama.
6. Alabama's arts and culture are very important to its residents.
There are many museums in Alabama that convey this importance through their impressive exhibits.
7. In Alabama, college football is more than just a sport. It's a way of life.
Because football season is just around the corner, there's no better time than right now to pick a side.
8. We have our own special dialect.
"I'm fixin' to," "I reckon' so" and "Hey y'all" are just a few of the phrases you'll catch an Alabamian saying on any given day.
9. In Alabama, you'll experience all four seasons.
However, because Alabama's weather is so unpredictable, you might experience summer (high temps) during fall and winter (snow) during spring.
10. We love the outdoors!
From waterfalls and lakes, to hiking trails and caves, Alabama is an outdoorsman's paradise.
After getting settled in, you’ll realize Alabama is the best state to call home. For 12 reasons why, click