13 Surprising Things You May Not Expect When Moving To Alabama
It’s no secret that Alabama is a great place to live. However, if you’re a new resident, there are several things you might not fully be aware of. Listed below are 13 surprising things you might not expect when moving to Alabama:
1. Some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet REALLY DO live in Alabama.
2. Alabama summers produce the worst humidity EVER!
3. During an Alabama winter, it's not uncommon to receive snow - whether it be a light dusting or blizzard.
4. Alabama is home to several beautiful mountains...
and some pretty incredible canyons.
5. Oh...the WATERFALLS! We mustn't forget the WATERFALLS! There are beautiful waterfalls scattered throughout Alabama that are absolutely breathtaking!
6. In many Alabama cities, traffic is like this...
and not like this.
7. Alabama's Gulf Coast beaches are some of the best in the nation. They truly are Heaven on Earth!
8. Alabama produces all 4 seasons.
9. Alabama is home to some pretty incredible vineyards and wineries.
10. Some of the most charming towns you'll ever visit are right here in Alabama.
11. Festivals for pretty much anything and everything are held in Alabama. There's even an Alabama festival that celebrates fried foods.
12. If you're planning to move to Alabama, don't expect to become neighbors with Forrest Gump. Sadly, he doesn't really live here.
13. Once you officially make Alabama your new home, you'll never want to move again!
What are some other surprising things people might not expect when moving to Alabama?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.