Monroeville Is The One Alabama Town You Can't Help But Stop In When Passing Through
Alabama is filled with many charming towns, including Monroeville. There are several fun things to do in Monroeville, Alabama. Listed below are a few of them. Keep each of these places in mind the next time you’re passing through town.
Have you ever visited Monroeville, Alabama? If so, what did you think about it? Please share your thoughts with us in the comments below. If you can think of any other fun things to do in Monroeville, Alabama, feel free to share those with us as well.
More to Explore
things to do in monroeville alabama
What's one of the best things to do in Monroeville, Alabama with the family?
There are quite a few things to do in Monroeville, Alabama with the entire family. One of the best things is to visit Mel's Dairy Dream for a delicious ice cream treat. Mel's Dairy Dream, which is situated on the former site of Truman Capote's childhood home, serves some of the best ice cream treats in town. A visit will also take you back in time.
What are five Monroeville, Alabama facts that everyone should know?
Many people have been to Monroeville, Alabama that are very familiar with the town. There are several other people who may not be familiar with the town at all or have even heard of it for that matter. If you're one of these people who aren't very familiar with the town, no worries. Listed below are five Monroeville, Alabama facts that'll get you familiar with the town in no time.
1. Monroeville is the hometown of the award-winning writers Harper Lee and Truman Capote.
2. Monroeville is also known as the "Literary Capital of Alabama."
3. The town of Monroeville was originally known as Burnt Corn Springs, and then Walker's Mill and Store.
4. The Old Courthouse Museum is one of Monroeville's top attractions.
5. More than 30,000 people visit Monroeville each year because of the town's incredible literary history.