Alabama December 29, 2016
12 Things People From Alabama Always Have To Explain To Out Of Towners
When it comes to living in Alabama, there are many things that out of towners just don’t get. Whether it’s our food choices, or our special dialect, there are several things only a true Alabamian can fully understand.
Listed below are 12 things that Alabamians are always having to explain to out of towners.
1. We have our own special dialect.
We may sound different, but our accent is what makes us who we are.
2. Alabama is not all farmland.
Sure, there are several farms located throughout Alabama. However, that's not all you'll find here.
3. We're much more intelligent than you might think.
Alabama is home to some of the finest universities in the country. Not to mention, Huntsville, "The Rocket City," is one of the smartest cities in the nation because of its connection to NASA.
4. Alabama serves up the best homestyle cooking and...
5. ...the best barbecue around.
6. We take college football pretty seriously.
Say what you will about our love for college football. To us, it's not a sport. It's a way of life.
7. The only way to order sweet tea is cold and sweet.
It just isn't the same any other way.
8. "Sweet Home Alabama" is not the state song.
Considering how much we play it, you'd think it was.
9. Forrest Gump is not a real person.
And Greenbow, Alabama is not a real place.
10. The only way to eat a tomato is green and fried.
Those boring red tomatoes just won't do.
11. Any time you order a drink, it's a "coke."
People from other states either say "soda" or "pop." Here in Alabama, we simply say "coke" whenever there's any mention of a soft drink.
12. Alabama's summer heat and humidity is the absolute worst!
And no matter how much you complain, it won't change a thing.
What are some other things Alabamians are always having to explain to out of towners?
To learn more about Alabamians, check out our previous article:
13 Ways You Can Always Spot Someone From Alabama…No Matter Where They Are.