8 Reasons Why DeSoto State Park Is Alabama’s Ideal Getaway Destination For Fall
Alabama is home to many places that are perfect for a fall getaway. One place in particular is DeSoto State Park. Located atop of Lookout Mountain near Fort Payne, this beautiful state park, which covers more than 3,500 acres, offers something for everyone.
for additional information about DeSoto State Park.
Listed below are eight reasons why DeSoto State Park is the perfect fall getaway destination.
1. You'll be surrounded by an abundance of colorful foliage.
DeSoto State Park's foliage is incredibly beautiful this time of year.
2. DeSoto State Park offers more than 30 miles of hiking and biking trails.
If you enjoy hiking, biking, or any other outdoor recreational activity, you'll most certainly want to visit DeSoto State Park. There's something for everyone.
3. When it comes to accommodations, DeSoto State Park offers a variety of options, including campsites and the nearby...
DeSoto State Park offers both primitive and improved campsites.
4. ...Mentone Inn.
Located in the heart of Mentone, the Mentone Inn is one of Alabama's most charming bed and breakfasts.
5. While exploring DeSoto State Park, you can't help but notice all of the beautiful natural scenery, including several flowing waterfalls.
Pictured is the 104-foot-tall DeSoto Falls, which is one of Alabama's most beautiful and recognizable waterfalls.
6. No getaway destination is complete without great places to eat. Two nearby restaurants that you'll most certainly want to give a try are Vintage 1889 and...
Vintage 1889 is located inside Fort Payne's historic Big Mill building and serves a variety of quality dishes. It's also connected to an antique mall.
7. ...The Wildflower Cafe.
The Wildflower Cafe is one of Alabama's most charming restaurants. Located in Mentone, it serves delicious food and offers a wonderful gift shop that sells unique items made by locals.
8. You're just a short drive from Alabama's Little River Canyon National Preserve.
Little River Canyon National Preserve, which is also known as the "Grand Canyon of the East," is one of Alabama's most beautiful nature spots.
Have you ever visited Alabama’s DeSoto State Park during the fall season? If so, please share your experience with us in the comments below.
For more information about DeSoto Falls, be sure to take a look at the following article:
Discover One Of Alabama’s Most Majestic Waterfalls – No Hiking Necessary. Address: DeSoto State Park, 7104 Desoto Pkwy NE, Fort Payne, AL 35967, USA Address: Mentone Inn Bed and Breakfast LLC, 6139 AL-117, Mentone, AL 35984, USA Address: DeSoto Falls, Alabama 35984, USA Address: Vintage 1889 Cafe, 151 8th St NE, Fort Payne, AL 35967, USA Address: Wildflower Cafe, 6007 AL-117, Mentone, AL 35984, USA Address: Little River Canyon National Preserve, 4322 Little River Trail #100, Fort Payne, AL 35967, USA