Wyomingites like to march to the beat of a different drum and we’re proud of it. We like to do things our way because it has always been done that way. Besides, being weird is usually more fun than being normal. Check out these extremely weird things people from Wyoming do or don’t do.
1. Wyomingites leave everything unlocked.
While crime is on the rise across the county, Wyoming is one of the safer states. A lot of people in other areas will check once, twice or three times to make sure their house and car are locked. People from Wyoming just aren't that concerned. Wyomingites are always watching out for each other. Wyoming's rural character doesn't lend itself to these types of crime.
2. Wyomingites don't need to go to the grocery store to get their meat.
Why go to the store when you can just go out in your backyard to get your dinner?
3. A Wyomingite isn't going to go all out for a cable package.
A Wyomingite would much rather be in the great outdoors than flaked out on the couch watching TV or surfing the web.
4. Occasionally, a Wyomingite might ride his horse to town.
While riding horses as a means for transportation isn't as common as it used to be in Wyoming, it's not uncommon to see horseback riders around town.
5. Wyomingites drive more on gravel roads than they do on paved ones.
While most people are fussing about potholes and roads needing to be paved, that's just a way of life in Wyoming. We love our gravel and backcountry roads!
6. Wyomingites are loaded.
While gun ownership is very controversial in most states, in Wyoming, practically everyone has a gun. In fact, Wyoming has the highest rate of gun ownership in the country. Interestingly enough, Wyoming's gun homicide rate is extremely low. We are not using our guns on each other.
7. Wyomingites like to pan for gold.
Panning for gold isn't one of the most common activities engaged in across the country. Even though they know they aren't going to get rich, Wyomingites like to try their hand at panning every so often.
8. Some Wyomingites like to sit on a frozen lake for hours waiting for their dinner to bite.
Fishing is a huge sport in Wyoming. Even the frigid temperatures, snow and ice don't stop most Wyomingites from going fishing. Ice fishing is a popular activity in this part of the country.
9. Wyomingites freak out when they see a green license plate.
Wyomingites like Coloradoans as long as they stay in their own state but when a "Greenie" crosses that state line, watch out!
10. Wyomingites stay prepared year-round.
Wyomingites keep blankets, water, batteries, extra food and extra clothes in the trunk of their car year round. They are always prepared for any storm, snow or the car breaking down on a lone highway in between towns.
11. Wyomingites are way too addicted to Taco John's and their potato olés.
Taco John's is one of Wyoming's favorite fast food chains. Tacos and potato olés... it just doesn't get any better.
12. Forget Double Stuff, Wyomingites just want their Oreos deep fried.
Wyomingites love their fried food...even their cookies. They race to Cheyenne Frontier Days for Oreos!
13. Forget the horse, Wyomingites get their kicks out of riding an escalator.
In the whole state of Wyoming, there are only 2 escalators and they're both in banks in Casper.
14. Only people from Wyoming wear their hunting clothes to social events.
Camo, cowboy boots and hats are all the rage in Wyoming.
15. Only in Wyoming do you wear a snow suit over your Halloween costume.
In Wyoming, you'd better bundle up when you go trick-or-treating.
16. Wyomingites get their kicks out of being bucked, thrown or stomped on by a raging bronco.
We like to live on the edge and are thrill-seekers. The more dangerous, the better!
17. For some reason, we like to wrestle calves to the ground and sit on them.
We love our rodeos and showing off our physical strength.