There are a lot of advantages to growing up in small town Wyoming. Small towns take you back to a simpler way of life and instill values that are essential to successful communities comprised of respect and collaboration. These are values that lead to a greater good. Here are 14 reasons why small town Wyoming is actually the best place to grow up in.
1. There's a greater sense of community.
For the most part, a small town Wyoming community is like one big family. Everyone is always there to help each other in good times or bad. The support system in a small town is tremendous.
2. Everybody knows everyone.
In some cases this may not be beneficial but for the most part this makes for a more homier and personal environment in Wyoming's smaller towns.
3. You can breathe in clean, fresh air.
You don't have the pollution brought in by big cities. Small towns in Wyoming are a breath of fresh air.
4. There is no traffic.
You can pretty much get anywhere on time since there is no traffic to deal with and children can ride their bikes without having to worry about coming in contact with a car.
5. You can enjoy the beauty of the night time sky.
You can get a beautiful view of the stars at night away from the city lights and tall buildings.
6. You grow up being more self-sufficient.
People in small town Wyoming are typically more self-sufficient because they don't always have everything readily available to them.
7. You quickly learn the value of hard work.
This is not to say people in larger cities don't work hard, but the work in small towns typically tends to be more taxing physically. The fruit of your labor is more readily apparent as well.
8. It gives you a better appreciation for and respect of nature.
Nature is your life in small town Wyoming. You probably depend on it somewhat for your livelihood and recreation. It affects all aspects of your small town life.
9. Small town Wyoming gives you a strong sense of freedom.
The meadows and wide open spaces give you that incredible feeling of freedom. It's a feeling like no other.
10. The crime rate is generally lower in Wyoming's smaller towns.
Small towns in Wyoming tend to be safer in general with lower crime rates. The environment is a much safer place to raise a family.
11. There is less temptation to spend money in small town Wyoming.
Instead of spending time in stores and shopping malls, you are probably spending more time in the great outdoors.
12. The cost of living is generally lower in small town Wyoming.
Smaller towns in Wyoming typically have a lower cost of living. Things tend to cost more in Wyoming's larger more populated areas.
13. Small businesses have more of a chance to make a go of it.
In large cities, you have big businesses running the small business owners out of business. There is less competition in smaller towns, therefore, small business owners or mom-and-pop stores have a chance of survival.
14. Small town Wyoming offers a slower pace of life.
A slower pace of life means more time to enjoy family and more time to appreciate the little things in life. After all, that's really what life is all about.
Did you grow up in a small town? How did you feel about it? What was your favorite thing about growing up in small town Wyoming?