These 9 Songs About Wisconsin Will Touch Your Soul Today
When I moved away from Wisconsin, I was homesick. Super homesick. But something that kept me connected to the state was listening to songs about Wisconsin. So what I’ve done is compiled a list of songs either about Wisconsin or songs that convey the Wisconsin experience. Read on for some of my favorites:
1. No one can forget this classic spin-off of “Teach Me How to Dougie.” Other colleges (ahem, Oregon) went on to copy this creative masterpiece.
2. If you have gone to any sporting event in Wisconsin, surely you’ve spilled some beer on your neighbor getting down to the polka jam “Roll Out the Barrel.”
3. Bon Iver’s song “Wisconsin” is just absolutely beautiful.
4. “My Cousin in Milwaukee” is one of my favorite Ella Fitzgerald songs.
5. Whenever I hear “Jump Around” by House of Pain, it brings me back to those awesome sporting moments in Madison.
6. Who doesn’t love “Milwaukee, Here I Come,” a duet by Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton.
7. It’s the music video of this Kesha parody that makes “Fly Like a Cheesehead” so endearing.
8. I’d be remiss if I didn’t include our state song.
9. Really, there isn’t another song that screams WISCONSIN more than this classic from Todd Rundgren. Every time I hear it, I smile.
There you have it. What are some of your favorite songs about Wisconsin or that remind you of Wisconsin? Let us know in the comments.