Wisconsin June 04, 2015
7 Unique Places To Stay In Wisconsin That Will Give You An Unforgettable Experience
So you’re travelling to Wisconsin and want to stay at something more exciting than La Quinta? Or maybe you’re a Wisconsinite hoping to have a cool weekend experience. Either way, I have compiled my seven favorite places to stay in Wisconsin that aren’t your standard motel. So read on for my top picks:
1. Seeing a game at Lambeau Field is epic. But want to know what is even more epic--staying in Packers themed lodging. If you are coming to Green Bay for a game, you have to stay at PackerPlex. PackerPlex is just a stone's throw from the entrance to Lambeau Field. While the house looks like a typical Green Bay home on the outside, the inside is more Packers themed than even the pro shop. You and up to fifteen friends can share in this awesome experience.
2. Never been to a Bed and Breakfast? Or been to a few? Either way, you're in for a treat if you stay at the Chanticleer Guest House Bed and Breakfast (Sturgeon Bay). Stay in the main house or in one of the beautifully appointed cabins. Get your breakfast in a wooden picnic basket. Enjoy the tranquility of the working sheep farm that is on the property. This is where you want to stay if you are visiting Door County.
3. Why should you spend the night in Sparta? Answer: you can sleep in a train. Spending the night in an old train would be cool enough. But the owners of Caboose Cabins did not just convert old trains into cabins; they preserved the history. If you stay in SOO Caboose #34, you can read books and watch videos on how these trains operated and what they hauled.
4. I don't know what other economies would support a hotel that is all about the college team, but Madison does. Behold HotelRED--a boutique hotel that gives you an awesome Badgers/Madison experience. You'll get great views of Camp Randall. The food is very much made for the locals (brats, beer, cheese). And if that wasn't enough, they allow dogs.
5. Okay, guys, this ROOM is like my dream APARTMENT. Wow. When you visit Milwaukee, you need to stay at the Iron Horse Hotel. The design is absolutely awesome. They have a great bar which is spectacular on its own. And if you're a dog lover, you're DEFINITELY going to want to stay here. Your dog will be welcomed in the lobby with his name on the chalkboard. Your pup will also enjoy goodies such as a doggie pillow, dog toys, and room service. Yeah...this place rocks.
6. When you think of visiting Wisconsin Dells, you probably automatically imagine standing in line at various attractions and staying in a hotel with a water park package deal. Well Mama--it's time to treat yo self. The Sundara Inn and Spa does not even feel like it's in the dells because it's nestled in a 26 acre forest. It was actually ranked #14 in top destination spas in all of America. Enjoyed the heated outdoor infinity pool or the tranquility garden. Stay in a private villa or just sneak out when the kids are in line at Noah's Ark for two hours.
7. Where do you find such a stunning view? Apparently, up in Onalaska--specifically, at Rainbow Ridge Farms B&B. Ever want to stay on a farm? Well, here's your chance. There are tons of animals for the kids (or the kid in you) and plenty of baby animals that you and your child can interact with. On their website, they post the due dates for farm animal babies. You haven't lived if you haven't seen an animal come into the world. It's an all around neat place.
So now I have found seven great excuses not to stay with Aunt Gladys at Thanksgiving. Know anymore unique places to stay in Wisconsin? Let us know in the comments.