Wisconsin May 07, 2015
20 Things That People From Wisconsin Absolutely LOVE
One thing is for sure about Wisconsinites–they are fiercely loyal. Those loyalties are passed down from parents and grandparents. Once we find something we love, we don’t let it go. Here are some of the things that people from Wisconsin LOVE:
1. Cheese. You aren't going to meet a lot of vegans up here. Cheese is a part of every meal.
2. Beer. It doesn't really matter what type (heck, we're gotten numb to the taste of Milwaukee's Best)--but we're partial to Miller.
3. Tailgating. No one does it better than the people in Green Bay. Sub-zero temperatures never stopped us.
4. The Green Bay Packers. Everyone gets behind them on Sunday.
5. Brats. Where else is there a brat stand in front of a grocery store?
6. Country music. Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney--it doesn't matter, we're all about it.
7. Thrift shopping. We're frugal and we love to score a good deal.
8. Kringle. No wonder it's been named the state pastry because it is DELICIOUS.
9. Butter. It doesn't rival cheese, but it comes close. Mo butter, mo better!
10. Spreads--meat, cheese, a mix of both. We love to put this stuff on bread and crackers.
11. 7up. There's just a special love for this drink up here.
12. Pickup trucks. But we legitimately need them up here to get through the storms.
13. ATVs. A favorite thing to do with the family on the weekend. Warning: do not try this at home.
14. Boating. Pontoon, canoe, sailboat--we do it all. Nothing is better than having a few beers with friends while taking in the views.
15. Cabins. Many of our vacations are to cabins we own or our friends own. Such great memories for the youngsters in Wisconsin.
16. Fishing. With all of the lakes and rivers, this is a huge pastime in Wisconsin. We even fish in the ice!
17. Church. We're not all churchgoers, but there is definitely a large part of the population who goes every Sunday (and if the Packers are playing, you might hear a prayer for #12 to have a good game).
18. Large breakfasts. This is definitely a carryover from the farm days when you really needed a big breakfast to carry you through the day. Pretty much every breakfast joint up here rocks.
19. Snow. Okay, so we don't love scraping our windshields off when it's 20 below, but we embrace the winter up here. I'd quote "Frozen" here but I'll spare ya.
20. Friends and family. More than anything, we love to be with the people who are important to us.
No matter what state you’re from, it would be hard not to love these things. Fellow Wisconsinites–what are some of the things that you LOVE that we might have missed? Please let us know in the comments!