Wisconsin April 29, 2015
15 Awesome, Life-Changing Things That Came From Wisconsin
Beyond being the birthplace of a football dynasty, Wisconsin is actually home to a wide range of inventions that have changed the country and world. You won’t believe that these things actually came from Wisconsin.
1. The blender. Body builders and small appliance lovers, rejoice!
2. The Ringling Brothers. Depending on your feelings about clowns, this could be a negative.
3. The hamburger. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
A triple treat with Jack, Cheddar & Swiss cheese garnished with lettuce, pickle & choice of fresh onion & tomato.
Barney's Gourmet Hamburgers
4162 Piedmont Avenue
4. The ice cream sundae. Only in Wisconsin can someone have the brilliant idea to put chocolate sauce on ice cream.
5. The steam powered vehicle
6. Rat poison
7. Republicans. The party that met in Ripon, Wisconsin to put an end to slavery.
8. The clothes dryer. Women everywhere are thrilled to not have to use a clothesline.
9. The round silo. Beautiful and functional.
10. Social Security was invented here.
11. Malted milk. Maybe you're a fan of products derived from malted milk like Whoppers!
12. The bone marrow transplant. Saving thousands of lives.
13. The gas powered tractor. Changing American farming and bring you your dinner.
14. First commercial hydroelectric power
15. The turbo tap. We might not have invented beer, but we definitely perfected it!
Yeah, a simple “thank you” will suffice. You’re welcome, world.