Wisconsin June 12, 2015
Here Are 10 Things You Better Have If You Want To Survive In Wisconsin
So you’re just moving to Wisconsin, huh? Well, first off–welcome! We’re glad to have you. But living in Wisconsin is not without its challenges. Here are ten things you better have if you want to survive in Wisconsin:
1. To avoid frostbite, you'll need some nice, warm winter accoutrements.
2. If you live in Wisconsin, you root for the Packers. If you don't rock that Packers jersey, we'll know that you're a rogue Bears fan. Scandal.
3. With all the great meats we have up here, and because tailgating is such a part of our culture, a grill is a necessity.
4. If you have any desire to get to work or get out of the house during the winter, you better have a high quality shovel.
5. There's a reason you see a lot of pickup trucks in Wisconsin. Make sure you have a reliable vehicle to drive through all that snow.
6. Wisconsin isn't the place to avoid your neighbors. So break out the jello mold, knock on the new neighbors' door and put on a smile!
7. If you don't want to end up a popsicle, you'll need some heat source over the winter. But nothing beats a nice fireplace.
8. There are plenty of bars in Wisconsin. But to get through those long winter months and stressful sporting matches, you want a home bar.
9. Don't get the cute boots. If you plan on walking in the snow, get yourself some heavy duty boots.
10. Jumper cables. No matter how reliable your vehicle is, you're going to want these on hand during the long winter months.
Got other tips for Wisconsin newbies? Be sure to let us know in the comments.