Wisconsin May 21, 2015
These Are 15 Reasons to Be Proud to Be From Wisconsin
Living in Wisconsin is pretty awesome. It’s fairly safe, the people are nice, and the food is good. But still, when people ask you “why Wisconsin?,” here are some reasons you can give them that Wisconsin is the best state.
1. The Lombardi trophy. Well, four of them, actually. Also the fact that it's named after the beloved Vince Lombardi, our former head coach.
2. Wisconsin's own Les Paul invented the electric guitar and, therefore, influenced generations of music.
3. My grandma can outdrink anyone not from Wisconsin. You freakin' lightweight.
4. Wisconsin Badgers are constantly leading the Big 10 and are in championship games.
5. Vitamin D was invented by a University of Wisconsin professor in 1929.
6. Wisconsin was the first state to prohibit discriminating against hiring teachers based on race or national origin.
7. Culver's. Home of the Butter Burger.
8. We became the first state to prohibit the sale and distribution of DDT.
9. Our cheese rules. There really is no competition.
10. Green Bay is the toilet paper capital of the world!
11. We invented the hamburger in Seymour, Wisconsin. You're welcome world.
12. Wisconsin was one of the first two states to ratify the 19th Amendment, allowing women to vote.
13. Colby cheese! Wisconsin cheese is so good, it deserves two spots on the list!
14. Wisconsin repealed laws enforcing Prohibition a full four years before it was amended.
15. No matter where you look, it's absolutely beautiful.
So there you have it folks. What are some of the reasons you are most proud to be from Wisconsin? Please share in the comments below!