If you ever met a person from Wisconsin, you’d probably say that they tend to be happy and agreeable. But hey–there are definitely ways to make us mad. Here are a few things you shouldn’t say to a Wisconsinite.
1. Happy cows come from California.
No. Just no. Just leave now.
2. Isn't it hard not being by a big city?
We have large cities, and many of us prefer to be away from the craziness of a sprawling urban metropolis.
3. The Badgers choke.
Okay, look at some of the great players that have come out of our sports programs and the level of success we have had. Your team is terrible.
4. Doesn't everyone up there farm?
We love our farmers, and farming is the backbone of our economy, but we are in a wide variety of careers.
5. There's no culture here.
We have loads of first-class museums and performances here all the time.
6. All you guys eat up there is cheese.
This is NOT true. We also eat brats.
7. There's nothing cool going on up there.
Not at all. We only have the largest music festival in the world.
8. You have to travel west to see any cool rock formations.
Yeah, so about the Apostle Islands...
9. The Packers suck.
While this statement is totally false, it will draw ire from everyone Wisconsinite.
10. Doesn't it snow there all the time?
It definitely snows, but we have other beautiful seasons. Our fall is unrivaled.
11. Everyone up there sees UFOs.
Sure, there are a handful of people who have claimed to see them, but the vast majority will laugh if you ask them.
12. I bet no one willingly comes here.
We have some of the top tourist attractions in the world. People come from all over, for example, to Wisconsin Dells.
13. Everything there must be flat and covered in corn.
Clearly you haven't seen the western part of the state AT ALL.
14. I bet it's so boring there.
Actually, Wisconsin might be one of the quirkiest states, from its people to its attractions.
15. You guys are drunk.
Nah, not most of the time. But we do know how to party better than any other state.
Yes, don’t ever say those things. And while we’re at it, here are some Wisconsin stereotypes that
need to be put to rest.