Posted in Wisconsin
June 25, 2015
Here Are The 10 Best Places To Live In Wisconsin…And Why
Wisconsin is awesome, and it’s a wonderful place to live. I think folks would be happy pretty much anywhere in our great state, but you definitely cannot go wrong with these ten great towns:
1. Brown Deer. The town is located just outside of Milwaukee, so access to the city’s amenities is easy. Homes are affordable. And it’s one of the safest places in Wisconsin.
2. Sun Prairie. It is one of the fastest growing cities in Wisconsin. And with good reason. It is located just outside of Madison, meaning taking advantage of the state’s capital is easy. Schools are great. And the community is awesome.
3. Suamico. I have to lead with this fun fact: AARON RODGERS LIVES HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But beyond that, Suamico is awesome. Once just farmlands, beautiful shops and homes are emerging. There are some good restaurants. And a zoo for the kiddos. Plus the proximity to Green Bay means you can easily see Rodgers on game day, too.
4. Mequon. It is definitely a more affluent town. And that’s reflected in the amenities. Amazing schools. Excellent park district. And good weather, as far as “good weather” in Wisconsin goes.
5. Kohler. At 2,000 residents, it counts as a small town. But it’s not your typical small town because of Kohler headquarters and the American Club. Still, it retains that small-town feel.
6. Whitefish Bay. With scenes like this, no wonder so many people want to live here. The structure of the town makes it easy to navigate on foot. Throw in great little shops and excellent schools, and it’s a no-brainer. And its proximity to Milwaukee only sweetens the pot.
7. Mount Horeb. People come to Mount Horeb because it’s the troll capital of the world. But don’t let that scare you away. If you’ve got Norwegian blood, this is the place for you. The town has a very strong cultural identity and the community is one of those you’ll want to get involved in.
8. Ripon. Its quaint downtown area will draw you in. Low home prices in a safe area will make you stay.
9. Sturgeon Bay. Did I mention that Door County is beautiful? You get coastal living and fish boils. But you also get beautiful farmland.
10. Evansville. This place has a beautiful and historic downtown district. And if you have kids–this place is great for you. It is family-friendly, has good schools, and some great parks.
Where do you live in Wisconsin, and why is it the greatest? Let us know in the comments.