Wisconsin June 19, 2015
Here Are 15 Places in Wisconsin Your Child Will Love
Children are notoriously picky. And bored. Always bored. 🙂 Which makes picking places to take your child a challenge. But Wisconsin is packed with great places that light up the eyes of your children (and maybe even cause your gloomy teen to get off her iPhone for five minutes). I’m counting down fifteen kid-tested places in Wisconsin:
1. The Milwaukee County Zoo. Feed giraffes and catch a sea lion show. Better yet, pose with the sea lions for photos after the show!
2. Wisconsin Dells. With this weather, all the kids want to do is jump in the pool. Make their entire year.
3. The Farm (Sturgeon Bay). Make lasting memories for your children as they bottle feed baby goats and hold newborn kittens.
4. Bay Beach Amusement Park (Green Bay). You can pay for rides with COINS. This place captures the past but is still fun for kids in this generation.
5. Pewit's Nest (Baraboo) is like something out of a fairy tale. Explore nature and swim in Wisconsin's best natural swimming hole.
6. Wilson's (Ephraim). It's not summer in Wisconsin without having a great ice cream cone. Take your cone and enjoy by the water.
7. Great Wolf Lodge (Wisconsin Dells). Because it's indoors, the kids can enjoy no matter the weather. Plus, there are activities like art and spa treatments for the kids.
8. Whitewater rafting. The best places to go are up in Northern Wisconsin near the UP. This shot is taken from Piers Gorge. This is definitely for older kids. But big kids love getting splashed too!
9. Bristol Renaissance Faire (Kenosha). Little kids will enjoy the man-powered (no, really) rides, while older kids will enjoy the fire whip shows and throwing axes. And everyone enjoys giant turkey legs.
10. Packers training camp. What better memory can a Wisconsin kid have than a Packers player riding his bike to camp? What a truly special tradition we have in Wisconsin.
11. Discovery World (Milwaukee). It's more than just an aquarium. Sneak science into your child's summer with great exhibits that are fun for adults, too!
12. Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Appleton). Give your kids the experience of going to a baseball game without the pressure (or prices!) of a major league stadium. From theme days to a playground, there are plenty of things for the kids to do.
13. Circus World (Baraboo). Kids will love everything Circus World has to offer. But the part they'll remember forever: riding on an elephant.
14. Jelly Belly Factory Tour (Pleasant Prairie). You get a fun ride to tour, but you also get to eat some delicious candy. And all kids love candy!
15. Beat the heat (on the cheap) by going bowling. Pictured here: Landmark Lanes (Milwaukee).
What are some other great places in Wisconsin you take your kids? Please let us know in the comments.