Wisconsin April 14, 2016
15 Reasons Why My Heart Will Always Be In Wisconsin
Whether you lived just a brief stint in Wisconsin or have lived here your whole life, it leaves an indelible mark. And long after you have left, you will reflect on just how special that time was. Here are 15 reasons why our hearts will always be in Wisconsin.
1. I appreciate the fresh produce, fresh eggs and local vendors providing amazing food.
2. Even though we curse it sometimes, Wisconsin just looks stunning with a fresh coat of snow.
3. Glaciers have produced some of the most stunning rock formations and waterfalls, and you can't help but be awestruck.
4. There is a certain serenity of seeing farmland out as far as the eye can see, both on flat patches and across some of the rolling hills of Wisconsin.
5. There is nothing like being a Sunday driver, winding through country roads and seeing scenes like this.
6. Whether it's Mustard Museums, Trollways, or the House on the Rock, there is a certain quirkiness to this state.
7. Nowhere in the country is there such a link between the farming community and the state, and that is great to see.
8. In no place in the United States is fall more gorgeous than right here in Wisconsin.
9. There is no shortage of places to hike, with plenty of interesting rock formations, waterfalls, rapids, and covered bridges.
10. It is refreshing to be surrounded by people who actually understand how football works and are invested in the team.
11. There is no shortage of places in Wisconsin that simply take your breath away, the Apostle Islands being one of those many places.
12. Really, there cannot be a better place to take in a sunset than over a Wisconsin body of water.
13. We have wonderful waterways that are awesome to walk by but even better to kayak or canoe in.
14. Wildlife is such a huge part of the state, and there's nothing like spotting deer in your yard as you are letting the dog out in the morning.
15. I just really, really love cheese curds.
What about you? Why will your heart always be in Wisconsin?