West Virginia December 25, 2015
Hey, It’s Christmas In West Virginia. Here’s What Santa Brought You!
Merry Christmas everyone! As you’re exchanging presents from loved ones this year, consider that these are not the only gifts you have. West Virginians have a whole state full of beautiful gifts that don’t exactly fit under any Christmas tree. Here are a few of them:
1. Endless beauty.
2. Tourist destinations and landmarks unlike anything else in the world.
Like the Palace of Gold in Moundsville, which has been called one of the 8 religious wonders of the United States.
3. Mile after mile of hiking trails to walk.
4. Hills to ski on (if it would ever snow, that is).
5. Wildlife to discover.
6. Rivers and lakes to fish in.
This was taken at Second Creek in Hokes Mill (Greenbrier County).
7. Plenty of places to be adventurous.
We've got mountain climbing, rafting, and zip lining, for instance.
8. Delicious food you can get only around here -- like a Tudor's Biscuit.
9. Historical sites, like Harpers Ferry, to learn about.
10. Vibrant, charming small towns.
11. Some of the best sports teams to cheer on.
12. Unique festivals that drawn people from all over the country and the world.
Like Bridge Day in Fayetteville.
13. Gorgeous country roads to drive down.
14. Many opportunities to hear great music.
15. Neat restaurants -- like Swiss restaurant Hutte in Helvetia.
What’s your favorite gift found in West Virginia?