Seafood may not be the first thing you think of when you think of West Virginia, because it’s a landlocked state. But while we don’t have any oceans to speak of, we actually have several seafood restaurants. Here are some of the best:
1. Food and Friends in Lewisburg
Reviewers say this Lewisburg restaurant serves great seafood.
2. Just in Time Seafood in Martinsburg
Reviewers on Facebook gave this place nearly 5 out of 5 stars. One reviewer said she hadn’t had seafood so well cooked since she was a kid.
3. Coach's Crab Shack in Morgantown
Reviewers give this place nearly 4 stars. One reviewer wrote the food “isn’t stuff you can get at Red Lobster.”
4. The Aquarium Lounge in Fairmont
TripAdvisor users give this place 4 out of 5 and say it has great seafood.
5. Coleman's Fish Market in Wheeling
Coleman’s is a Wheeling institution. It gets mostly 4 star reviews. One person said she never met anyone from the Ohio Valley who didn’t like it.
6. Tidewater Grill at the Town Center Mall in Charleston
Facebook reviewers gave this place on average 4 out of 5 stars.
7. Jewel City Seafood in Huntington
Reviewers love this place. One reviewer wrote: “If you like fresh seafood, excellent beef or sausage, this is your place! "
8. Chesapeake Crab Company in Martinsburg
One reviewer called it the best seafood in the state. Overall reviewers gave it 4.7 stars out of 5.
9. Gumbo's in Fayetteville
A place that has billed itself as the only cajun restaurant in the state also has great lobster and other seafood.
10. Crabby Patti's in Ripley
One reviewer said this place has the best fish tacos they had ever had. Overall, Tripadvisor reviewers gave it three out of 4.
11. The Fresh Seafood Co. & Market in Charleston