Harpers Ferry is a tiny town with only 293 residents, but it’s full of things to do! You’ll never forget this visit full of amazing history and activities. Check out these places for a full day of fun in the easternmost town in West Virginia.
1. Start your day with breakfast at The Country Cafe.
This sweet little restaurant serves delicious homestyle french toast, pancakes, and omelettes.
2. Take a tour of the John Brown wax museum.
This museum tells the story of John Brown, an abolitionist who led a slave revolt in attempt to help bring slaves to freedom. The tour takes just about 20 minutes, so it will easily fit in with your other activities.
3. Go for a morning hike in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park.
The park is a blend of natural beauty and historical landmarks.
This old firehouse in the park was the site of John Brown's raid.
4. Have lunch at the Potomac Grill.
This top-rated restaurant serves burgers, wraps, and salads.
5. Cool off with a float down the river.
River Riders offers relaxing tubing down the quiet waters of the Shenandoah.
Or if you are feeling more adventurous, they also offer white water tubing and rafting on the faster-paced Potomac.
6. Have Dinner at the Bisou Bistro.
This restaurant sits in the historic Canal House, which was built around 1790.
The chef creates classic New Orleans
Cajun and Creole French cuisine made with fresh, local ingredients.
7. Finish the evening with a ghost tour walk.
Oh Be Joyfull will take you for a tour around town and tell you the area's ghost stories. They also offer historical tours during the daytime.
The tour starts off at the beautiful St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church at 8 PM.
8. Enjoy the sunset over beautiful Harpers Ferry, and start planning your next trip!