Nothing is more peaceful than just taking in the beauty of a colorful West Virginia sunset. These fifteen sunsets, all of which were captured in our mountain state, will absolutely take your breath away. Prepare to be amazed!
1) A magnificent photo of a sunset seen through the Green Bank Telescope, located in Green Bank, WV.
This huge telescope is the world's largest fully steerable radio telescope.
2) This jaw dropping photo was taken at Blue Stone Lake near Hinton, WV.
3) This sunset photo was taken on top of one of the skiing slopes at Snowshoe Mountain Ski Resort, located in Pocahontas County, WV.
4) This amazing photo of a sun pillar sunset was taken in Princeton, WV.
This looks like a beautiful painting!
5) The Highlands Shopping Center, located in Triadelphia, WV.
The Highlands is a popular shopping center just seven miles away from Wheeling, WV.
6) The sunset seen through Olgebay Resort's winter lights.
Olgebay Resort is located just outside of Wheeling, WV. Olgebay has a golf course, a spa, cottages and lodging, plenty of dining to choose from, and an amazing winter light show held every winter season.
7) The Glade Creek Grist Mill in Babcock State Park in Clifftop, WV at sunset.
How amazing! I love this photo. Thanks to Forest Wander's Flickr for this amazing shot.
8) This gorgeous sunset took place at Dolly Sods Wilderness in the Monongahela National Forest.
Thank you Mark Radigan for this wonderful photo!
9) This incredible sunset was taken by the floodwall in Point Pleasant, WV, looking across to Ohio.
This stunning photo was taken by Shane Cooper of West Virginia.
10) This stunning sunset took place in the capitol city, Charleston, overlooking the Capitol of West Virginia.
11) A magnificent sunset taking place at an unnamed farm somewhere in the beautiful mountain state.
I wish that I knew even the county that this was taken in, but it was left unnamed! Sometimes the unknown is the most beautiful, though.
12) Lindy Point in Blackwater Falls State Park, located in Davis, WV.
Those mountains look like they just go on forever.
13) The sun was just beginning to set over Muddy Creek in Greenbrier County, WV in this beautiful photo.
14) A wonderful photo that captured a stunning sunset over the Kanawha River in Charleston, WV.
Craig Moe Flickr
15) A sunset over Huntington, WV on a beautiful evening.
These fifteen sunsets were only a few of the many magnificent photos of sunsets that I had to choose from.