We’ve all heard to not judge a book by its cover, but we’ve all done it anyways… until someone tells us that the inside’s a hidden treasure. Same goes with restaurants! Here are 12 gems around our Northwest state that may not attract you out front, but once you’ve gone inside they’ll tell a mouthwatering story to your taste buds:
1. At first, you might be like, “What? Calozzi’s Cheesesteaks in Georgetown, Seattle? This place doesn’t look like too much…”
But you'll reach the ultimate nirvana after trying their "Donnie Steak", made with mushrooms, onion, and your choice of cheese.
2. You may originally overlook Taqueria Chaparrito in Pullman...
But when you finally do stop in and taste their "Chaparrito Fries Burrito" with carne asada, shredded cheese, rice, beans, sour cream, guacamole and French fries, your life will be changed forever.
3. Your first impression of Rice & Noodles in Pasco may be uncertain.
But what a delicious discovery! Their "Chicken Chow Mein" could be your new favorite.
4. Undecided about Ade's Mexican Deli in Everett?
You'll be glad you enjoyed lunch here! Their Tortas with chicken, pork or beef are delicious on every level.
5. And Tommy Thai in Kirkland? Is this one worth a try?
Why yes, yes it is. You'll fall in love with their "Swimming Angel" combo with sauteed chicken or tofu served on a bed of spinach & topped with peanut sauce!
6. Unsure about stopping in at Dirty Oscar’s Annex in Tacoma?
This restaurant once featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives will serve you a meal to remember, such as their mouthwatering take on Chicken & Waffles, or their "Down & Dirty Burger" with white cheddar, bacon, caramelized leek, arugula, and roasted garlic aioli.
7. Not 100% sure about grabbing a bite to eat at Turnip The Beet in Port Angeles?
Their "B.L.A.S.T." toasted pita is made with all natural bacon, romaine, avocado, sprouts, and a tomato creamy sriracha sauce. Tempted yet?
8. Just in case you were wondering about Fresh Mix Grill in Sequim...
They're highly recommended! Try their new "Corned Beef Melt" with melted swiss and dijonaise on grilled rye!
9. Passing by, Kama’Aina Grill in Bremerton may not seem as enticing…
But you'll inevitably be back soon after trying their "Da Bremerton" plate with BBQ short rib, garlic chicken, Kalua pork & Portuguese Sausage.
10. You may not consider El Fat Cat Grill in Kennewick at first glance...
But it's totally worth the trip! Pictured is their "Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Cheese Turkey Wrap" and like everything on their menu, it melts in your mouth wonderfully.
11. The Corner Bistro in Omak may not be all fancy-schmancy on the outside.
But their "Alaskan Sockeye Salmon" with a lemon-dill cream sauce is worth a million bucks every bite!
12. Haven't tried Train Wreck in Burlington yet?
Their "BBQ Burger" with an onion ring, smoked BBQ pulled pork & melted pepper jack is explosive in flavor. Add it to your list this weekend!
Is your stomach growling yet?? There are so many more lesser-known restaurants in Washington that are insanely delicious! Add your favorites to this list in the comments below, and enjoy your feasting!