It’s getting closer and closer…fall is almost here in the Northwest! While we’re all unique in our own ways, here are 10 common things that most residents in the Evergreen State do at some point throughout the season:
1. Sweep up leaves...
...even though they'll make a mess again hours later. Seriously. They get EVERYWHERE.
2. Eat and drink everything pumpkin.
Our seasonal coffee and beer is the best!
3. ...and everything apple, too.
Apple cider, apple pie, caramel apples...our homegrown fruit is so much sweeter during the fall!
4. Have an epic time at a fall festival or event.
Oktoberfest, Autumn Leaf Festival in Leavenworth, and the Washington State Fair are some of the most popular.
5. Watch a game with friends.
Football fans have a great time tailgating or just hanging out during the Huskies, Cougars, and/or Seahawks games.
6. Visit the local pumpkin patch or corn maze.
If you haven't been, it's certainly worth experiencing this year!
7. Eggnog lovers become excited to see it on store shelves again.
Twin Brooks Creamery is an incredible family farm located in Lynden. Plus, it tastes amazing when you add it to your coffee!
8. Break out the wool socks, hooded jacket, flannel, or possibly rain gear.
Residents on the Eastern side of the state may not need anything for rain, but those on the Western side certainly need to make some changes to their wardrobe.
9. Stay warm and cozy by a campfire.
Or just your fireplace at home, if the weather's not so great.
10. Go for a stroll or hike to see the leaves changing colors.
Isn’t fall the best in Washington?? What are some other things that most people in our state do during this season?