Washington is a food lover’s paradise. Since we’re right by the coast, we have some of the best seafood and a perfect climate to grow the freshest ingredients. We have endless places around here to see before you die, but there are plenty of dishes to make up a dining bucket list too. Here are 12 unforgettable dishes around our state you’ve got to try at some point during your life:
1. A cup of Mac & Cheese from Beechers Cheese, Seattle
This famous stop in Pike Place Market is known for making the World's Best Mac & Cheese with their own signature cheeses. Pair your cup with one of their Breadzels to make a perfect meal.
2. The Wenatchee Pizza, Saddle Rock Pub & Brewery, Wenatchee
This option comes topped with smoked bacon and fresh, local apples from the Wenatchee Valley.
3. Green Eggs & Ham, Hi-Lo's 15th Street Cafe, Bremerton
Green Eggs and Ham is a delicious childhood favorite. This small cafe in Bremerton makes the classic breakfast with pesto, and a slice of toast on the side.
4. The Friesenburger, from Friesenburgers in Tacoma
You can find this famous joint not far from the Tacoma Dome. Their original Friesenburger comes with two 1/4-lb patties, double cheddar cheese, a fried egg and bacon.
5. The Caribbean Roast Sandwich from Paseo, Seattle
These Cuban sandwiches are some of the most popular in Seattle. Their signature Caribbean Roast option comes with tender, slow-cooked pork covered in marinade.
6. The Caramel Pecan French Toast from Cafe Nola, Bainbridge Island
This small cafe is just a short walk away from the Bainbridge Island Terminal. In fact, this particular dish on their menu is actually a
Food Network Favorite
7. A "Peruana" sandwich from Cafe Rumba, Bellingham
The authentic Peruvian sandwiches from this deli have so many unique flavors. Try their "Peruana" sandwich, which comes with yams, cheese, roasted tomato, avocado, huacatay, spinach and aji amarillo on a fluffy bun, served with boiled potatoes.
8. Northwest Benedict from New Moon Cafe, Olympia
You can only find this unique breakfast option here in the Pacific Northwest. It comes on a toasted English muffin with spinach, tomatoes, Nisqually wild-caught smoked salmon, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce.
9. Freshly Baked Apple Pancakes, Maple Counter Cafe, Walla Walla
Bring a friend - this massive breakfast in Walla Walla is made nearly the size of a dinner plate.
10. The Dungeness Crab & Cheddar Melt Sandwich from Bennett's Fish Shack (Westport, Ocean Shores, Grayland)
Since this restaurant has locations by the coast, they're able to use some of the freshest, locally caught seafood. The popular Dungeness Crab Sandwich comes on sourdough, and pairs wonderfully with fries or a cup of their famous clam chowder.
11. Seafood Bisque, Pike Place Chowder, Seattle
You can enjoy some of this award-winning soup in a sourdough bread bowl, or in a cup to go from Pike Place Market.
12. The GCBC (Grilled Cheese Bacon Cheeseburger), Nick's Burgers, Everett
This delicious work of art comes with a burger patty, topped with American cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, house-made mayo, and two grilled cheese sandwiches for buns.