Virginia November 16, 2015
9 Maps Of Virginia That Are Just Too Perfect (And Hilarious)
It’s Monday, folks. Might as well start the week off with a laugh, right?! We know Virginia is the best place to call home…that’s why we’re here (or missing it if we’re not). But sometimes it’s good to step back and take a look at the funny stereotypes about Virginia…whether we agree or not. Here are some priceless maps that will help you do just that!
1. Ooooohhhh…well that's a bit simplified, don't you think?
But still…not too far off from the truth!
2. The folks at The Bull Elephant brought us this little gem. And you have to admit, it's pretty funny…unless, of course, it's talking about where you live.
My personal favorites are Collegeburg and Collegeville. See more at
The Bull Elephant
3. When Distractify asked Americans from each state to summarize their state in one sentence, our Virginia representative pretty much nailed it:
4. RIchmond: Our state capital as viewed by
For the record, I used to live in "Active White People With Canoes." My only comment would be: Kayaks. There were also many, many kayaks. And don't worry, Richmond. You're not alone.
has plenty of other areas like NoVA and Hampton Roads in their city-shaming collection.
5. When this Richmond weatherman tried to have a little fun with the weekend weather forecast, he was a little closer to the truth than he realized - as anyone who has lived through a Central Virginia summer can attest.
It's like they say, every joke starts with a grain of truth! See the full forecast on
6. If you've ever wondered if we pay our teachers enough, the answer is NO. Not enough to deal with kids like this one at least.
I mean, you can give a kid a list, but you can't convince them North Carolina isn't really just South Virginia. Thanks to
for finding this hilarious photo.
And here are a few that are meant to add to the fun. They don’t ONLY include Virginia, but they prove that Virginia is not the only state that gets a hard time when the jokes start….
7. According to Estately, Virginia googles "Redskins Facts"…a lot. But hey, at least the Redskins are an actual team. We could have been googling "Fantasy Bowling." (I'm looking at you, California.)
And just so you know, the runners-up were: 1. Jonas Brothers 2. Avril Lavigne 3. Virginia sucks 4. Is Virginia for lovers? 5. armpit (image search). All I can say, is that I hope people found what they were looking for. (And for love of all that is holy, WHAT were they hoping to find?!) Check out
to see the full list.
8. So this is what happens when Brits try to label all 50 states on the map. And yeah, maybe Virginia became New York, at least we weren't New York 2.0 (sorry, North Carolina).
I have to admit my favorite is "Cat" for Indiana. And not even the word "Cat"…just a picture. Check out Buzzfeed's entire article
9. So, I'll admit it…sometimes we like to give West Virginia a hard time. But have you ever wondered what West Virginia thinks of us? This map will let you know…
And I'll say we got off pretty easily here! Thanks to Chris James and his blog
Sour Apple Tree
, we got a good idea of how our neighbor sees us…and the rest of the country.
If you’ve got a good map to share, don’t be shy! We would love to see it. In the meantime, let us know which of these was your favorite in the comments below!