Virginia December 27, 2015
The 42 Most Jaw Dropping Photos Taken In Virginia In 2015
Over the past year, many of you have submitted photos by email and through the Only in Virginia Facebook page. The quality and variety of the work we have received is overwhelming. And the photographers? Some of the most talented anywhere. Today, we are taking a look back at some of the work that we’ve received and offering you a glimpse at just a few of our favorites. We hope you’ll enjoy this look back at 2015 in Virginia as much as we enjoyed putting it together.
1. On top of the world in mountains of Virginia.
2. Ice in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
3. Sunset at Lake Fairfax.
4. Morning mist in Grave’s Mill.
5. In the clouds on an early morning at Sharp Top Mountain at Peaks of Otter in Bedford.
6. A back country sunrise at Grayson Highlands State Park.
7. The Laurel Valley Community Church, est. 1945 in Whitetop.
8. Back roads in Buchanan.
9. A wild pony grazing on the mountainside at Grayson Highlands State Park.
10. A beautiful perspective of The Great Channels near Abingdon.
11. Doyle’s River Falls in Shenandoah National Park…simply beautiful.
12. Sunset on the Appalachian Trail near Buena Vista.
13. This is what being in the right place at the right time looks like. Taken just before sunset at Spy Rock in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Montebello.
14. An old abandoned farmhouse at Carter Mountain Orchard in Charlottesville.
15. A hidden treasure above above Falling Spring Falls near Covington.
16. The Saddle Overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway, Floyd County.
17. A picture perfect homegrown Virginia peach.
18. The Sharp Top Summit at the Peaks of Otter in Bedford
19. Sunset at Blackrock Summit in the Shenandoah National Park.
20. A surreal cloud formation captured in Cartersville.
21. Colonial Williamsburg in the spring.
22. Raven’s Roost Overlook at Milepost 11 on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
23. The 611 Locomotive rolling down the tracks at Train Day in Old Town Manassas.
24. Sunflower fields in bloom in Botetourt County.
25. Orange County captured to perfection.
26. Tranquility at Chancellorsville Battlefield in Fredericksburg.
27. The sun rises at Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach.
28. The Old Point Comfort Light and light keeper’s house at Fort Monroe in Hampton.
29. Artistry in Old Town Petersburg.
30. Moss takes over the trees at First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach.
31. Water at Fenwick Mines in New Castle.
32. The historic Mabry Mill alongside the Blue Ridge Parkway in Meadows of Dan.
33. A Fauquier County sunrise.
34. The historic Byrd Park Pump House on the James River in Richmond.
35. The Pedlar River suspension bridge along the Appalachian Trail near Lynchburg.
36. On top of Old Rag Mountain in Madison County.
37. Silhouettes on a farm in Marshall.
38. A golden sunrise at Smith Mountain Lake.
39. Sunrise colors at Claytor Lake State Park.
40. A railroad bridge across the James River in Richmond.
41. A beautiful shot looking up the James River in Richmond.
42. Another look at Raven’s Roost on the Blue Ridge Parkway…there’s no such things as too much of this scene.
Early McDaniel / Only in Virginia
Do you have a favorite photo from the collection above? We would love to hear your thoughts on this amazing work in the comments below!