Whether you like your pie plain, a la mode or with a slice of cheddar, these places deliver some of the best pies in the world. Handmade and fresh, these beauties found in Vermont will make your taste buds go wild!
1. Vermont Apple Pie - 265 Depot Street, Proctorsville
Prepare yourself for a fresh and hearty breakfast here. And since the name is Vermont Apple Pie, you can be sure it's delicious!
2. The Apple Barn and Country Bake Shop - Pownal Rd, Bennington
If you think their donuts are delicious, wait until you try their freshly made pie. They also sell Cabot cheddar if you'd like a hunk on the side of your apple pie.
3. Crazy Russian Girls Neighborhood Bakery - 443 Main St, Bennington
Once you try pie and other baked goods here you'll agree that these girls are crazy... Crazy Good! Everything they do is nothing short of a culinary masterpiece.
4. The Hartland Diner - 159 US Rt 5, Hartland
This diner is a local favorite and known for some of the best pies around. Good food, good service, great pie.
5. Big Eyes Bakery - 28 Main St, Ludlow
Who doesn't have big eyes when it comes to your sweet tooth? This local bakery has freshly baked pies, as well as quiche, special occasion cakes, Irish Soda Bread, and more. Yum!
6. Mirabelles - 198 Main St, Burlington
The confectionary masterpieces here are not only works of art, they're scrumptious! From the pies to the other baked treats, to the sandwiches and more, you'll quickly learn why this place is so popular after just one bite.
7. Good Times Cafe - 10805 Rte 116, Hinesburg
You'll indeed have a "Good Time" eating pie at this cafe. Their lemon cheesecake and tiramisú are out of this world, too. Our suggestion is to try anything triangle-shaped here. You won't be sorry.
8. P & H Truck Stop, 2886 Route 302, Wells River
The maple cream pie and the chocolate cream pie never fail at the P & H. Great food all around at this family friendly place. You'll definitely be back for more.
9. Poorhouse Pies - 23 Park Street, Underhill
An honor system place that has some of the best pies in the world. People drive from all over to get their hands on these beauties, and after you try it you'll understand why. Be on the lookout for special occasions when they make donuts!
10. The Southern Pie Company - 287 Main St
Just when you thought the Southern Pie Company couldn't get any better, they now offer local ice cream for a la mode! The apple sour cream is scrumptious, triple berry is delicious and the maple buttermilk is out of this world.
11. Crows Bakery & Opera House Cafe - 73 Depot St, Proctorsville
You'll love the butter crusts and pies that are lightly sweetened to bring out the great taste of the fruit in these baked goods. Their pies are always fresh and they even use 4 different kinds of apples in the apple pie!
12. Gourmet Provence - 37 Center St, Brandon
Gourmet Provence is especially known for its pastries, made-to-order cakes and elegant desserts, but the store also has a nice selection of local cheeses, patés, gourmet condiments and Vermont specialty products, as well as imported vinegars and organic pastas. You'll love this VT bakery with a French twist.
13. Delicate Decadence - 15 Cottage St, Barre
Pies, Pies and More Pies! You can buy any of these pies at Hunger Mountain Coop or order one right in the store. Oh so good.
14. Cold Hollow Cider Mill - 3600 Waterbury-Stowe Rd, Waterbury Center
If a place is known for Vermont apples, you just KNOW their apple pie is going to be incredible. And boy is it! Grab a dozen cider donuts, too. You won't be sorry.
15. Rainbow Sweets Bakery - 1689 US Rt 2, Marshfield
Go in for a treat, come out seeing a comedy show. The owner here is so entertaining and hilarious, the pies and other baked treats are almost just a bonus... Almost.
16. August First Bakery & Cafe - 149 S Champlain St, Burlington
Just look at the crust on the homemade pie from August First Bakery. Simply amazing.
When in doubt, try a slice of pie. It simply makes life a little sweeter.