Even though we tried to strip it down to the basics, a day that encompasses all the iconic activities Vermont has to offer would still require meticulous planning and lots of time. OK, so it’s probably impossible, but let’s just imagine what we would do on the most Vermont Day ever…
1. Catch the sunrise over the mountains.
Rise and shine! A Vermont sunrise is a great way to start the day.
2. Put on your plaid flannel shirt.
Put the flannel on over another shirt. Vermont weather often calls for layering.
3. Start your day with a piping hot cup of Speeder & Earl's coffee.
This rocket fuel is just what you need to make it through the most Vermont day ever.
4. Head to the back yard to the chicken coop for some fresh eggs.
Don't forget to greet all the chickens by name!
5. Listen to Vermont Public Radio while you eat breakfast.
Occasionally switching to WCAX for weather.
6. Take the dog out for a walk.
Don't forget the poop bags!
7. Take a dip in your local swimming hole.
No, it won't be too cold. Vermonters can handle cold.
8. Hit the local farmer's market.
Check out what's fresh and new.
9. Take a quick hike along the Long Trail.
No, not the whole thing. But you get bonus points if you go over a suspended bridge!
10. Enjoy a Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
Hurray! This perfect Vermont day just happened to fall on "Free Cone Day!"
11. It also falls on Town Meeting Day.
Don't forget to vote.
12. Get your kayak and head to Lake Champlain.
Time for a quick paddle.
13. And a bike ride, too...
14. Check out a festival.
The hot air balloon festivals can be seen from miles away, and music festivals heard.
15. Pitch your tent.
Or set up in a lean-to... or both.
16. Time to wind down the day.
Find a spot to watch the sun set over the mountains.
There is nothing like camping out under the stars.
18. Get your campfire going.
Vermonters love a good campfire.
19. End the day with a perfect s'more.