Vermonters are pretty easy going people, but there are a few surefire ways to make us mad. Like, really mad. In fact, totally and completely, over the moon
AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! So, if you’re a visitor or have recently moved to VT, please don’t make these horrific mistakes.
1. Return a dull chain saw.
Be neighborly. If you borrow something, return it in good condition. After all, they may borrow something of yours someday.
2. Drive in front of us with no snow tires in January.
By January, you've had enough warning. This is how accidents happen.
3. Wear your shoes inside.
Unless you plan on mopping your way out the door, take 'em off!
4. Offer us Log Cabin, Aunt Jemima or some other brand of fake syrup.
We'd rather have nothing than put that stuff on fluffy pancakes.
5. Ask us what part of Canada is Vermont.
Um no. We are not a part of Canada. Go back to 5th grade Geography.
6. Assume we live in a barn.
We have houses here. We also have electricity, cars, refrigeration, and sometimes even cell service.
7. Tell us you've seen better foliage elsewhere.
In autumn the Green Mountain State turns shades of reds, oranges and yellows. Unobstructed views and wide open vistas - it really doesn't get better than this. If you tell us otherwise, you're just jealous.
8. Suggest we go cow tipping.
If you think "Mad Madeline" looks mad, wait until you ask a Vermonter to go cow tipping. We don't do it.
9. Tell us there’s nothing to do.
Sure, fine. Go back in your bubble and we'll continue exploring the great outdoors.
10. Honk your horn.
Go ahead and get road rage... Vermont is a small state and rest assured - we'll see you again.
11. Say you don’t drink beer.
Whether its Bud Light or Heady Topper, it’s beer... We like it. P.S. Cider is an acceptable substitute. Our favorite is Stowe Cider. SOOO good!!!
12. Drive slow on a country road when it's not peak foliage.
We know which roads are worth slowing down for. Otherwise, move along please.
13. Not growing something.
Even gorgeous tiger lilies grow in Vermont despite the harsh weather and no weeding. Green it up!
14. Say you don't like winter and/or complain about the cold.
I've got one word for you: Florida.
15. Not understanding the difference between organic and non-organic.
If I have to esxplain it here… why are you reading this?!