Vermont is known for its deliciously fresh food, and if you’re looking for a pasta dish that will make your taste buds melt, these Italian restaurants are perfect. Authentic and delicious, these places will have you coming back again and again.
1. Trattoria Delia - 152 Saint Paul Street, Burlington
Here is where to go for the freshest homemade pasta in Burlington. The meals are delicious, but save room for the tiramisu. It's big enough to share, but no one will judge you if you keep it to yourself.
2. Al Ducci's Italian Pantry - 133 Elm Street, Manchester Center
You'll love the amazing and authentic Italian sandwiches at this little Italian market on a quiet street off the main drag in Manchester.
3. Osteria Pane E Salute - 61 Central Street, Woodstock
If you are a foodie, looking for a chance to slow down, or crave the taste of locally sourced food, Osteria Pane e Salute is an experience you will talk about with your friends for a long, long time.
4. Mangia e Beve - 9 W Main Street, Wilmington
If you're looking for real authentic Italian food just like your grandmother made, Mangia e Beve is your place. Here they use the freshest ingredients and time-tested recipes that will keep you coming back for more.
5. Allegro - 520 Main Street, Bennington
A great selection of eclectic Italian fare made with seasonal ingredients from local farms. They will also do gluten free - just ask!
6. Popolo - 36 The Sq., Bellows Falls
Great food awaits at this hip and welcoming place. There are many cool features here, such as a train track underneath and an old hotel and ballroom above the restaurant.
7. Philamena’s - 41 Elm Street, Montpelier
Everything is made from scratch at this tasty place. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, Philamena's will be your new go-to place in the Vermont state capital.
8. Cantina di Gerardo - 378 Railroad Street, Saint Johnsbury
Gerardo’s is hard to pass by with the aroma of homemade sauces and pizzas wafting throughout downtown. You'll love the huge portions that are reasonably priced along with fast and friendly service.
9. Sarducci’s - 3 Main Street, Montpelier
Family friendly and utterly fantastic, you’ll love every dish on the menu at Sarducci’s.
10. Trattoria La Festa - 4080 Mountain Road, Stowe
Perfectly prepared pasta and traditional Italian fare awaits you in the charming town of Stowe.
11. Pascolo Ristorante - 83 Church Street, Burlington
Church Street may be known for excellent people watching but, when you pair it with the food here, you've got a true winning combination.
12. Peppino’s Ristorante Italiano - 747 Killington Road, Killington
The perfect place to fill up after a day on the slopes. Great atmosphere and reasonably priced, the food here is not to be missed.
13. Lago Trattoria - 95 Main Street, Newport
There is always something tasty served up at Lago Trattoria. You'll simply love this award winning, chef owned restaurant in the NEK.