There’s a lot to love about living in Vermont. Our biking, hiking, and mountains are top notch and we enjoy a great quality of life. But we all know there are things we’d rather avoid at all costs. Here are some things that top our list.
14. Grocery shopping before a blizzard.
The store will either be packed, or empty.
13. Frost heaves.
They can really do a number on your car.
12. Don't tell your child's teacher that your child is sick two days before vacation starts.
Not only will they have already told the class they are going, but you'll run into the teacher in the grocery store, post office, gas station, etc. Come clean.
11. Vermonters have strong family values...
But don't live with your in-laws after a divorce. Awkward!!!!!
10. Never forget your passport when driving into Canada.
Even more - don't forget that your passport expires while you are there.
9. Vermonters are tough...
But don't try to have a root canal with no drugs. You're impressing no one.
8. Don't try to pass off fake maple syrup as REAL maple syrup.
Because only the maple syrup from Vermont is the real stuff and, yes, we can tell the difference.
7. Don't wear a faux fur coat or vest during hunting season.
There are no places to hide with this fashion statement... Look for posted signs for salvage.
6. Don't pay your taxes with a bounced check.
There are only 600,000 people in this state. They will find you.
5. Don't put a bird feeder and suet on your porch...
You might get up close and personal with a bear. Um, no thank you.
4. Don't park your car in a snow/sleet storm with your windshield wipers down...
Be prepared to add an additional 20 minutes to your start time if you forget.
3. Don't go to the Tunbridge fair wearing:
Italian loafers, high heels or white sneakers. If you do: "HAHAHAHA."
2. Always invite your neighbors to your party.
Your guests will park on their lawn adding insult to injury.
1. Unless you know what you're doing, don't start your own mini maple sugaring operation....
Putting sap buckets on birch and other non-sugar maple trees will make you the laughingstock of the neighborhood!
What are things that you avoid? Be sure to like and share this post to warn others!