Vermont October 01, 2015
These 18 Beautiful Sunrises in Vermont Will Have You Setting Your Alarm
Yeah, yeah, we know Vermont is beautiful, of course. That’s not news. But I’m sure not all of us are appreciating it as much as we could every day. If you’re not a morning person, that’s OK. You’ll be instantly converted after witnessing these outrageous sunrises.
1) On Pico Mountain in Killington.
2) Atop Mount Mansfield, Chittenden County.
3) More specifically, the Sunrise Trail at Stowe Mountain Resort.
4) McKinstry Hill, especially during autumn.
5) Really anywhere everywhere during autumn.
People will go to great lengths and even travel across the country for the foliage during peak season. If you're from Vermont, you're going to want to beat all the leaf peepers and make it outside at the crack of dawn for a peaceful sunrise.
Once you witness these extreme Autumn sunrises, I'm telling you you'll be setting your alarm every day.
6) On Stratton Mountain.
7) On Mt. Ellen.
Ok, winter sunrises are pretty nice here too.
8) This serene view at Lake Morey.
9) At the peak of Mount Madonna.
10) Right In the town of Shaftsbury.
11) From this driveway in Colchester.
12) In New Haven, Vermont.
13) From the fire tower at Allis State Park.
14) Not to encourage nature to go all crazy on us, but just before a massive hurricane hits.
This one's just as Hurricane Sandy is about to touch down in Waterbury.
15) As well as the morning after a hurricane.
The doom filled sky post-Sandy, again in Waterbury.
16) At the glorious Lake Elmore.
Or from the meadow by this barn on Lake Elmore.
17) From this adorable little dock in the wetlands.
18) And finally on Jenne Farm.
One of the most beautiful and frequently photographed places in Vermont. A visit to this farm in Reading should definitely be on your bucket list.
Honestly, this list could go on and on. Every day and every sunrise in Vermont is amazing. Where is your favorite place to watch the sun rise?