Utah June 30, 2016
15 Reasons Why Utah Is The Most Patriotic State In The Country
It’s pretty easy to see that Utahns are patriotic people. We fly our flags year-round here, but we get even more into the patriotic spirit in July. Not only do we show our patriotism with the American flag, we host parades, rodeos, fireworks shows and more. Here are just 15 of the many reasons why Utahns are the most patriotic people in the whole country:
1. The Stadium of Fire is amazing.
It's supposedly one of the largest Fourth of July celebrations in the entire country!
2. Our small town parades are pretty cool, too...
3. ...and we celebrate with parades TWICE in July!
Even though Pioneer Day is really a completely separate holiday from Independence Day, we still get all patriotic on the 24th.
4. This bison stands outside the courthouse in Farmington...
5. ...and this horse is one of many that occupies the streets of Ogden in July.
6. People even paint their horses for the parade!
7. We support our service men and women and veterans.
The Ogden Pioneer Days Facebook page notes, "Some of the biggest cheers we get during our five nights of PRCA action aren't for the cowboys or cowgirls. They are for the men and women who have given so much of themselves to protect our country."
8. You'll find flags everywhere in Utah in July!
9. We have this gigantic flag...
This flag is 30' x 60'! You've surely seen it flying in front of Colonial Flag along I-15 at about 9400 south.
10. We leave our patriotic decorations up all month...
11. And really, is there anything more patriotic than this gorgeous barn?
12. We know how to dress for the holiday...
13. ...and we even dress up our pets!
14. You can see a rodeo pretty much any day of the month in July.
What's more patriotic than a rodeo? Utah has dozens!
15. We love our country, and we're proud to celebrate!
Now that we’ve established that Utahns are the most patriotic people in the country…here are
11 reasons why we’re the best people you’ll ever meet!