Utah May 31, 2016
20 Thoughts Everyone From Utah Has When Growing Up
Kids growing up in Utah are the luckiest kids in the country. Our state is so kid-centric that there are tons of things to do and see. Our cities and towns are safe, and people tend to watch out for the kids in the neighborhoods. Unfortunately, when we’re kids we often have no idea how good we have it here.
Here are 20 thoughts pretty much everyone growing up in Utah has at one point.
1. I can’t wait to be tall enough to ride Cannibal at Lagoon!
2. ...I shouldn’t have eaten three hotdogs, cotton candy and a churro before I got on Cannibal.
3. Being a pioneer looks like so much fun! I’m definitely signing up for Trek this year so I can experience pulling a handcart, sleeping under the stars and eating Dutch oven dinners.
4. ...Seriously? You want me to drag that trash can all the way up the driveway?
5. My dad is the worst driver in the world. I’m never going to drive so slowly.
6. ….Whoa! That sign that says 55 mph in the spaghetti bowl wasn’t kidding.
7. This long, boring drive is never going to end. When will we be there?
8. ...4 hours and 43 minutes...are you kidding me?
9. More sunscreen? Nah, I can't be bothered.
10. ... I guess Mom was right.
11. It’s May! I want to wear my cute new summer clothes. Why is it so cold outside?
12. It’s October! I’m sweating to death in these school clothes.
13. Argh. I don’t want to go to a stupid musical with my family. Lame.
14. Wow...Peter Pan at Tuacahn was actually pretty cool.
15. You want me to be dragged behind the boat with nothing to hold onto but a rope?
16. This. Is. Awesome.
17. I’m big enough to walk all the way through Hogle Zoo. Honest.
18. Where’s the stroller? I’m exhausted and I need my sippy cup.
19. I’m sooooo bored.
20. Yeah, this is better.
What do you remember about growing up in Utah?