These 15 Songs About Utah Will Touch Your Soul Today
You won’t find a lot of songs that mention Utah, but there are a few. Here’s a sampling of 15 songs about Utah.
1. “Utah Tribute” by Chris Ledoux
Chris Ledoux loves Utah.
2. “Salt Lake City” by Bob Weir
“It was a paradise for lizards when young Brigham saw it first…”
3. “Ballad for a Friend” by Bob Dylan
When a diesel truck leaves you on a Utah road, you definitely need a friend.
4. “Friend of the Devil” by Grateful Dead
One lesson to take away from this song: when you borrow $20 from the devil, you’ll end up sleeping in a cave in Utah, and it just goes downhill from there.
5. “Utah Carol” by Marty Robbins
I don’t know if the fictional “Utah Carol” was a Utah cowboy or not, but he was definitely he hero. He saved the life of his little horse Lenore before dying in a cattle stampede.
6. “Salt Lake City” by Hank Williams Jr.
That time that Hank Williams Jr. found himself all alone in Salt Lake City.
7. “Salt Lake City” by The Dwarves
Not everyone loves Salt Lake City, apparently.
8. “I Lost My Sugar in Salt Lake City” by Johnny Mercer
Salt Lake City is beautiful, but the men here will steal your baby away and leave you crying.
9. “Utah State Song” by Sam and Gary Francis
If I didn’t already live in Utah, I’d want to move here immediately once I heard this song…
10. “Utah” by The Osmonds
Because you know we couldn’t leave The Osmonds off a list about Utah songs.
11. Enola Gay by Utah Phillips
This folk song is an ode to the Enola Gay, which flew several training missions in Utah before dropping the bomb on Hiroshima.
12. “The History of Utah” by Camper Van Beethoven
A slightly different version of Utah’s history.
13. “Utah Gateway to Nevada” by Plague of Locusts
We’re not as cool as Colorado, after all.
14. “The Beehive State” by Randy Newman
Because nobody seems to know about Utah.
15. “The Red Hills of Utah” by Marty Robbins
Marty apparently saw all the best spots in Utah and fell in love.
What’s your favorite Utah song?