1. Liberty Park, Salt Lake City
There’s no place like Liberty Park for a picnic. The large trees and many picnic tables are perfect for a nice, relaxing lunch.
2. Calf Creek Falls, Grand Staircase-Escalante
The hike is somewhat strenuous, but the reward is this pretty waterfall, and a great spot for a tasty meal.
3. Every National Park in Utah.
Our national parks are all perfect for picnics in the spring! This spot is right in front of Zion Lodge.
4. Beus Pond, Ogden
Feed the ducks the rest of your sandwich at Beus Pond in Ogden.
5. Gallivan Center Plaza, Salt Lake City
Picnic over your lunch break at Gallivan. Grab food from a local vendor on Food Truck Thursday.
6. Dinosaur National Monument
The view from this picnic area at Dinosaur National Monument is amazing.
7. Bridal Veil Falls, Provo Canyon
Gorgeous falls in a beautiful setting.
8. Brooks Park, St. George
This pretty park in St. George is perfect for bird-watching and lunch!
9. Eagle Park, Saratoga Springs
Great views of Utah Lake and Mount Timpanogos.
10. Blacksmith Fork Canyon, Hyrum
This picnic spot in Blacksmith Fork Canyon looks pretty scenic.
11. Millcreek Canyon
You’ll find picnic sites all along the canyon. Or, bring your pup and hike to Dog Lake for lunch.
12. Utah Olympic Park, Park City
Once the snow melts, you can watch the ski jumpers while enjoying lunch at the Utah Olympic Park.
13. Provo River Falls, Mirror Lake Scenic Byway
You’ll have to wait until the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway is passable, but this waterfall is a great place for lunch; plenty of large, flat rocks to sit on while you watch the falls.
14. Sugarhouse Park, Sugarhouse
Salt Lake’s largest park is the perfect spot when it’s sunny but still chilly. Spread your blanket out on the lawn and watch the seagulls.
15. Tibble Fork, American Fork Canyon
You can’t go wrong with any spot in American Fork Canyon, but Tibble Fork is gorgeous.