UT Posted in Utah August 13, 2015 by Catherine Rees Most People Don’t Know These 10 Super Tiny Towns in Utah Even Exist Some of these towns might be familiar to you; many probably won’t be. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, these are Utah’s tiniest towns. 1) Scofield: Carbon County By Unknown newspaper photographer, Utah news service, 1900, via Wikimedia Commons Population 26. Scofield was a coal mining town. In 1900, an explosion killed 199 miners — one of the worst mining disasters in the country. 2) Ophir: Tooele County Staplegunther, via Wikimedia Commons Population 36. Gold was discovered in Ophir in the 1860s.The town got its name from the Bible. 3) Brian Head: Iron County Don Barrett/flickr Population 83. Brian Head is the highest town in Utah, at an elevation of 9,800 feet. 4) Lynndyl: Millard County By Rcsprinter123, via Wikimedia Commons Population 106. Lynndyl was founded in 1907 and was originally a railroad town. 5) Alton: Kane County Rockwell Relay/flickr Population 119. The town of Alton went through several names beginning in 1865. First it was called Roundy’s Station, then Graham. Finally, in 1912, the community held a drawing to determine the official name of the town. The name was drawn from a hat. 6) Fairfield: Utah County Staplegunther, via Wikimedia Commons Population 119. Fairfield was founded in 1855, but was originally named Frogtown. The name was changed in 1861. 7) Antimony: Garfield County kyddyl/flickr Population 122. Antimony was settled in 1878, but was originally named Coyote because the settlers’ party caught some coyote pups while scouting the area. The town was renamed Antimony in 1921 when antimony ore was found. 8) Hatch: Garfield County Alex Proimos/flickr Population 133. Hatch is located near Bryce National Park. 9) Vineyard: Utah County By Ntsimp (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons Population 139. The U.S. Postal Service considers Vineyard a suburb of Orem, but the town was established back in 1899. 10) Clawson: Emery County By Tricia Simpson (Own work), via Wikimedia Commons Population 163. Clawson was settled in 1897 and was originally called Kingsville. In 1904, LDS Apostle Rudger Clawson dedicated the first LDS ward there and the town changed its name to Clawson to honor him. Do you live in one of these tiny towns or another not on this list? Let us know in the comments.